|TU9 German Universities of Technology|
|legal form||registered association|
|founding||January 26, 2006|
|Seat||Berlin , Germany|
|Managing directors||Nicole Saverschek|
|Members||9 ( RWTH Aachen , TU Berlin , TU Braunschweig , TU Darmstadt , TU Dresden , Leibniz University Hannover , Karlsruhe Institute of Technology , TU Munich , University of Stuttgart )|
TU9 was founded as a formal association on January 26, 2006. It had previously existed as an informal association since 2003. The founding president (2006–2009) of TU9 was the rector of the then University of Karlsruhe , Horst Hippler . The association's headquarters and offices are in Berlin.
Members of the TU9 association are those technical universities that existed in Germany before 1900. When the association was founded in the Senate Hall of the TU Braunschweig in January 2006, the following presidents or rectors (or their representatives) were present and signed the charter:
- Konstantin Meskouris , Vice Rector of RWTH Aachen University
- Jörg Steinbach , 1st Vice President of the TU Berlin
- Jürgen Hesselbach , President of the TU Braunschweig
- Johann-Dietrich Wörner , President of the TU Darmstadt
- Hermann Kokenge , Rector of the TU Dresden
- Erich Barke , later President of the Leibniz University Hannover
- Horst Hippler , Rector of the University of Karlsruhe
- Wolfgang A. Herrmann , President of the Technical University of Munich
- Dieter Fritsch , Rector of the University of Stuttgart
The association sees it as its task to be available as a contact for society, business and politics. In particular, it concerns the issues of university engineering training.
Early August 2010. advocated the TU9 universities in favor of the degree of re- diploma introduce -Ingenieurs for graduates of a five-year engineering studies.
University political commitment
As a university network connected primarily through its core subjects in engineering, TU9 pays particular attention to the public perception of topics that are highly relevant for these core subjects. This includes B. the evaluation of the statistics published by the Federal Statistical Office on the acquisition of third-party funding by German universities with a special focus on engineering or the presentation of the importance of the TU9 universities among graduates.
Members of the TU9 association
|Surname||country||carrier||Right to award doctorates||founding||Students||was standing|
|RWTH Aachen||NW||state||Yes||1870||45,628||WS 2019/20|
|Technical University Berlin||BE||state||Yes||1770||35,570||WS 2019/20|
|Technical University of Braunschweig||NI||state||Yes||1745||19,694||WS 2019/20|
|Darmstadt University of Technology||HE||state||Yes||1877||25,170||WS 2019/20|
|Technical University Dresden||SN||state||Yes||1828||31,966||WS 2019/20|
|Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz University of Hanover||NI||state||Yes||1831||30.197||WS 2019/20|
|Karlsruhe Institute of Technology 1)||BW||state||Yes||1825||24,381||WS 2019/20|
|Technical University of Munich||BY||state||Yes||1868||42,705||WS 2019/20|
|University of Stuttgart||BW||state||Yes||1829||25,540||WS 2019/20|
|Surname||university||Term of office|
|Horst Hippler||Karlsruher Institute for Technology||2006-2009|
|Ernst Schmachtenberg||RWTH Aachen||2010-2013|
|Hans Jürgen Prömel||TU Darmstadt||2014-2017|
|Wolfram Ressel||University of Stuttgart||since 2018|
- Imprint. Retrieved March 12, 2020 .
- Focus: Return to the diploma
- Press release: TU9 leading in third-party funding. (PDF; 879 kB) September 7, 2007, accessed February 7, 2008 .
- TU9 leading among engineering graduates and doctorates. Retrieved February 7, 2008 .
- CV of Professor Dr. Horst Hippler ( Memento from August 17, 2016 in the Internet Archive ), HRK, accessed on July 27, 2016
- Professor Dr. Ernst Schmachtenberg becomes the new TU9 President , message information service science dated October 8, 2009, accessed on October 9, 2009
- Carolin Schramm: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wolfram Ressel, University of Stuttgart, elected as the next President of the TU9 Alliance. July 11, 2017, accessed January 11, 2019 .