Live and act
Before Ferkay fled to Austria in 1957, he already appeared in Budapest as a child actor on radio and film. In the 1990s he was artistic director of the Porcia Comedy Games in Spittal an der Drau and the Perchtoldsdorf Summer Games for several years . He also appeared as a musical singer at the Landestheater St. Pölten .
As a director, he worked for both ORF and Hungarian television as a director and screenwriter.
He is buried at the cemetery in Hinterbrühl.
Direction and acting
He directed 150 productions in the fields of opera, operetta, musical and drama on well-known stages.
- Extract from directorial work:
- Say goodbye , Wiener Metropol , 2004
- The Kid , Thalia Theater, Budapest, 1994
- Chess , Thalia Theater, Budapest, 1992 as a continental premiere
- The love of the three oranges , Hollybush Festival, New Jersey, 1987
- The Devil and the Dear God , Schauspielhaus Graz , 1984
- Carmina Burana , Split Summer Festival, 1982
- Lohengrin , Teatro Liceu , Barcelona, 1980
- Hungarian television award for Salon Pitzelberger by Jacques Offenbach
- Gold Medal of Honor of the State of Lower Austria , 2014
- 1991: A castle on Lake Wörthersee - oops, twins
- 1998: Kaisermühlen Blues - The 4th Commandment
- 2001: Kisváros (TV series, four episodes)
- 2001: Behind bars - The woman barn - Dangerous carelessness
- 2012: Tom Turbo - watch out, fire chocolate!
- 2015: Gespensterjäger - On the icy trail (posthumous publication)
- Tamás Ferkay in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Tamás Ferkai in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Authors: Ferkay, Tamás ( Memento from December 11, 2014 in the web archive archive.today )
- writers / authors: Ferkay, Tamás .
- Director Tamas Ferkay died at the age of 73 in Standard from November 9, 2014, accessed on December 11, 2014
- District papers : Last curtain for the director , Mödling edition, December 11, 2014
- Tamás Ferkay was awarded the Lower Austrian Badge of Honor in district papers accessed on December 11, 2014
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Hungarian actor, musical performer, director and screenwriter who worked mostly in Austria and, after 1989, also in Hungary|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 1941|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Budapest|
|DATE OF DEATH||November 7, 2014|