City of MansfeldCoordinates: 51 ° 35 ′ 59 ″ N , 11 ° 25 ′ 54 ″ E
|Height :||184 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||9.92 km²|
|Population density :||60 inhabitants / km²|
|Incorporation :||January 1, 2005|
|Postal code :||06343|
Location of Vatterode in Mansfeld
Village church with its distinctive tower
Vatterode is a district of Mansfeld and is located in the Mansfelder Land in Saxony-Anhalt . The place in the valley of the Wipper has about 800 inhabitants.
Vatterode was first mentioned as Fateresrod on October 22nd, 973 in an Ottonen deed . The Magdeburg bishops owned the place until the beginning of the 12th century, which then passed into the possession of the Counts of Mansfeld. The Bonifatiuskirche in the center of Vatterode dates back to the 9th century and the Luther linden tree planted in 1882 and the war memorial that was rebuilt in 1955 are located directly at the church.
On July 1, 1950, the previously independent municipality of Gräfenstuhl was incorporated.
Around 1960 a local recreation area was created in Vatterode at the Vatteröder pond for the employees of the VEB Mansfeld combine Wilhelm Pieck and for the population of the Mansfeld region. In the local recreation area, a so-called pioneer railway was built for children and young people, which leads from Vatterode to Vatteröder pond with a 500 millimeter gauge. The operation and maintenance of the Vatterode Park Railway , which originally ran in the Mansfeld shafts, was taken over by the Kreisbahn Mansfelder Land GmbH after the fall of the Berlin Wall and carried out until 2008. After a 7-year shutdown, the Park Railway has been running again since August 6, 2016; usually from May to October on the first weekend of the month.
On January 1, 2005, Vatterode was incorporated into the city of Mansfeld.
There is a day-care center in the village .
On the Wipper Liese mentioned railway Klostermansfeld-Wippra , which passes through the village and the nearby Vatteröder pond weekday passenger was set April 13, 2015. For the time being, until October 31, 2017, the Wipperliese will run on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays with 5 pairs of trains for tourist purposes.
- Karl Heinz Vatterott: Vatterode. A name in the history of Eichsfeld and the Mansfeld region. Mecke, Duderstadt 2009, 224 pages, 44 illustrations, ISBN 978-3-936617-95-5 .
- Karl Heinz Vatterott: Vatterode. A name in the history of Eichsfeld and the Mansfeld region. 2. revised u. exp. Ed., Duderstadt 2016, 368 pages, 166 illustrations, 10 tables, ISBN 978-3-86944-164-1 .
- Vatterode in the unified municipality of the city of Mansfeld
- ↑ a b page about Vatterode
- ↑ The Archbishops of Magdeburg Gero († 1023), Humfried († 1051) and Hartwig von Spanheim († 1102) died in Vatterode .
- ↑ Driving days PE Vatterode
- ↑ StBA: Changes in the municipalities in Germany, see 2005