As a rule, event broadcasting is VHF broadcasting . Event broadcasting in other wave ranges has already been carried out in Germany, such as on medium wave on the open day at the Ismaning radio station. Broadcasting usually takes place at low power from a temporary broadcasting location and is limited in time; certain VHF frequencies are reserved for this, especially in metropolitan areas.
Event broadcasting is used in connection with trade fairs , for example , to provide information about certain events at the trade fair or to provide further information.
An event radio is a radio project approved by the respective state media authority under the simplified approval procedure in accordance with the broadcasting law of the respective state media authority, which is organized and distributed in the local area of a public event and in connection with it. In order to be allowed to operate an event radio, you need a license from the respective state media authority, GEMA , GVL and the Federal Network Agency .
- 97.7 - Kids on Air Live, Reutlingen
Kids on Air, a youth radio editorship of the Landesvereinigung cultural youth education BW eV, carries out event broadcasts for youth events in Reutlingen at irregular intervals. In 2005 the youth culture week Jugendart and in 2007 the event "Die Stadtspiele" were accompanied by a specially produced live radio program.
- 107.9 - Rebland FM, Offenburg
Since May 2013, the web radio Rebland FM has been organizing an event radio session twice a year on local events, mainly on the subject of wine and enjoyment. Rebland FM is backed by a network of passionate connoisseurs, some of whom bring their own years of experience in the radio and delicatessen industry to the project. For example, a multi-day event radio goes on air every September at the Ortenau Wine Festival in Offenburg.
- MW 585 kHz: Open house at the Ismaning station 
Berlin and Brandenburg
- FM 106.4 MHz - Evosonic , pure fm (CSD radio "Love & Pride Radio"), sunshine live & pride - 200 watts
It is located on the Treptowers in the east of Berlin's Treptow district and is a permanently installed VHF transmitter for event radio. The antennas, which are fixed about 130 meters above the ground, supply the entire urban area of Berlin outdoors, and also indoors in the closer area. The transmitter is designed for a radiated power of 200 watts, which should take into account the size of the Berlin urban area. In 2017 and 2018 the CSD program from pure fm was broadcast via this location, in summer 2019 event programs from Evosonic and sunshine live
Until 2016, the 99.1 MHz frequency for event radio was also coordinated for a time. B. for the CSD radio from pure fm or for Kotti FM.
In 2019, pure fm broadcast the CSD radio from the former Postgiroamt in Berlin-Kreuzberg on the frequency 106.4 MHz from July 22, 2019 to August 11, 2019. Reception was particularly badly affected in the east of the city by interference from a Polish VHF transmitter, but coverage in the rest of the city was very good. From April 3, 2020 to April 19, 2020, pure fm will host an event radio on 106.4 MHz from the same location, but with an approved 350 watt omnidirectional radiation, on the occasion of the corona crisis to support the clubs closed due to COVID-19.
- FM 99.1 MHz - 50 watts (only up to 2016)
In 2016, Kotti FM broadcast from a high-rise at Kottbusser Tor, pure fm from the “Living Levels” high-rise in Mühlenstrasse near Ostbahnhof. In 2017 the documentary radio SAVVY Funk broadcast due to the parallel operation of 106.4 MHz from pure fm on the alternative frequency 103.0 MHz, also from the high-rise at Kottbusser Tor. The broadcasts from Kottbusser Tor in the Kreuzberg district did not reach the entire urban area of Berlin; reliable reception was only possible in the immediate vicinity of the transmitter.
The frequency can no longer be coordinated today; it has meanwhile been permanently assigned in Brandenburg.
- MW 810 kHz at the transmitter site Funkerberg in 15711 Königs Wusterhausen (9.9 watts)
- Short wave at the transmitter location in 14641 Nauen
Event radio welle370, which, in addition to the annual highlights "Bergfunk Festival" and Christmas concert, includes other events, with self-produced reports on radio, the transmitter and radio technology museum and the broadcasting city of Königs Wusterhausen. Any program gaps are closed by temporarily taking over the program from HitRadio SKW.
- Aerial mountain road , Seeheim-Jugenheim
- Radio WeWeWe - Welle West Wetterau, Butzbach
- Radio Wein-Welle, Groß-Umstadt
Some of the Hessian event radios are organized in the Working Group of Protestant Event Radios and work closely with the media house of the Evangelical Church of Hessen-Nassau in Frankfurt am Main.
The following event channels are paused:
- Radio Frankenberg, Whitsun market in Frankenberg (Eder)
- Antenne Bad Arolsen, general and livestock market Bad Arolsen
- FM MesseRADIO 107.4 Hanover
- BascheFM - Barsinghausen city festival / Barsinghausen car show
- VechtaFM - Vechta stubble market
- SchützenfestRADIO Hannover 100.0
- AWDarena RADIO Hanover
- under üsch - the radio on VHF 90.5 Braunschweig
- Radio SWS 104.0 Norderney
Jehovah's Witnesses Congresses
Since 2010, the Jehovah's Witnesses throughout Germany have been using the event radio for their so-called district congresses, to which members and guests of the religious community predominantly gather in large stadiums, such as the Volksparkstadion in Hamburg , the Glücksgas Stadium in Dresden or the Easycredit- The stadium in Nuremberg , usually between 8,000 and 30,000 people, gather on staggered dates. The entire congress program, including prayers, songs, lectures, interviews and biblical dramas, will be broadcast from Friday to Sunday. The transmission range covers an area of around 2 km from the venue.
- Applications for approval of event radio ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , accessed August 2, 2011
- TEL Berlin GmbH - your company for analog and digital broadcasting in Berlin. Retrieved January 16, 2020 .
- Evosonic Radio - Medienanstalt Berlin-Brandenburg. Retrieved January 16, 2020 .
- sunshine live & pride - Medienanstalt Berlin-Brandenburg. Retrieved January 16, 2020 .
- Kotti.fm - Medienanstalt Berlin-Brandenburg. Retrieved January 16, 2020 .
- pure fm receives FM license for CSD radio in Berlin - pure fm. Retrieved January 16, 2020 .
- 106.4 pure fm - Berlin's club radio starts over FM - pure fm. Retrieved on April 3, 2020 (German).
- SAVVY Radio Berlin, Germany. Retrieved January 16, 2020 .
- wave370 .
- welle370 - media authority of Berlin-Brandenburg. Retrieved January 16, 2020 .
- Eventfor the district convention of Jehovah's Witnesses , accessed on August 1, 2011
- Two event radios on Sylt this summer , accessed on August 1, 2011
- Working group of evangelical event radios in Hessen
- Training radio for young radio makers from Medienhaus Frankfurt
- What is an event radio actually?