Bad Breisig municipality
|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Area :||41.82 km 2|
|Residents:||13,530 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||324 inhabitants per km 2|
|License plate :||AW|
|Association key :||07 1 31 5003|
|Association structure:||4 municipalities|
|Association administration address
53498 Bad Breisig
|Mayor :||Bernd Weidenbach ( CDU )|
|Location of the Bad Breisig community in the Ahrweiler district|
The Verbandsgemeinde Bad Breisig is an administrative unit in the legal form of a regional authority in the Ahrweiler district in Rhineland-Palatinate . The municipality of the association includes the city of Bad Breisig and three independent local communities , the administrative seat is in the eponymous city of Bad Breisig.
Association members communities
|Local parish, city||Area (km²)||Residents|
|Bad Breisig , city||19.94||9,531|
|Bad Breisig municipality||41.83||13,530|
(Residents on December 31, 2019)
The development of the number of inhabitants in relation to the area of today's Verbandsgemeinde Bad Breisig; the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Association municipal council
The local council Bad Breisig consists of 28 honorary council members, who in the local elections on May 26, 2019 in a personalized proportional representation were elected, and the full-time mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
- FWG = Free Voting Group Verbandsgemeinde Bad Breisig e. V.
Mayor of the Bad Breisig community has been Bernd Weidenbach (CDU) since 2004. In the direct election on March 11, 2012, he was confirmed in office for a further eight years with 92.85% of the votes.
coat of arms
The upper part commemorates the earlier affiliation of the city of Bad Breisig and the communities Brohl-Lützing and Gönnersdorf to the Breisig rule (Breisiger Ländchen), which belonged to the Essen monastery since the Middle Ages . The coat of arms of the Breisig rule showed two crossed hunting arrows in red with silver tips, flanked by six balls in blue on a silver background. The six spheres stood for the six localities that belonged to it at the time, the hunting arrows indicate the hunting rights in the “princely eating high forest”. The diamonds in the lower part of the shield are taken from the coat of arms of the burgraves of Rheineck . The burgraves temporarily exercise bailiwick rights in the Breisig rule. The red and white border symbolizes the association as such.
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The regional returning officer RLP: Association council election 2019 Bad Breisig. Retrieved August 11, 2019 .
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate: Election of the mayor of the Bad Breisig community in 2012. March 12, 2012, accessed on December 18, 2019 .
- Press release of the Ahrweiler district of April 23, 2004
- Leo Strausberg: A coat of arms tells from the history of the small country Breisig in: "Heimatjahrbuch 1959 des Kreis Ahrweiler" ( online edition )