|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Area :||153.83 km 2|
|Residents:||10,910 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||71 inhabitants per km 2|
|License plate :||AW|
|Association key :||07 1 31 5002|
|Association structure:||12 municipalities|
|Association administration address
53505 Altenahr, Germany
|Mayor :||Cornelia Weigand (free candidate)|
|Location of the community of Altenahr in the Ahrweiler district|
The Verbandsgemeinde Altenahr is an administrative unit in the legal form of a regional body in the district of Ahrweiler in Rhineland-Palatinate . It covers the central part of the district. The Verbandsgemeinde belong to twelve independent local parishes , the administrative seat is in the eponymous local parish Altenahr .
Association members communities
|Local parish||Area (km²)||Residents|
(Residents on December 31, 2019)
The Verbandsgemeinde was established in 1968 as part of the Rhineland-Palatinate functional and territorial reform from the former Altenahr office, which had existed in this form since 1936. The area of the association was enlarged in 1974, when the local community of Kalenborn , which had previously belonged to the community of Ringen, changed to the community of Altenahr. Further area changes within the association were made through voluntary incorporations from Obliers and Plittersdorf to Lind , Liers to Hönningen and Staffel to Kesseling .
The development of the number of inhabitants in relation to the area of today's Verbandsgemeinde Altenahr; the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Association municipal council
The Altenahr municipal council consists of 28 voluntary council members, who were elected in a personalized proportional representation in the local elections on May 26, 2019 , and the full-time mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
- FWG = Free Voting Group in the area of the Altenahr community
Mayor is Cornelia Weigand (independent candidate). She was elected on March 10, 2019 with 60.9% of the votes and took office on July 1, 2019. This makes her the successor to Achim Haag (CDU), who did not run again after 24 years in office.
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- Ignaz Görtz: Verbandsgemeinde Altenahr - a young administrative unit with 750 years of history , 1999 homeland yearbook of the Ahrweiler district ( online edition )
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The regional returning officer RLP: Association council election 2019 Altenahr. Retrieved August 11, 2019 .
- Verbandsgemeinde Altenahr: election results March 10, 2019. Accessed on September 2, 2019 .
- Günther Schmitt: Mayor Achim Haag is retiring. General-Anzeiger, Bonn, May 16, 2019, accessed on September 2, 2019 .