|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Altenahr|
|Height :||170 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||14.84 km 2|
|Residents:||1877 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||126 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||53505|
|Area code :||02643|
|License plate :||AW|
|Community key :||07 1 31 003|
|Community structure:||4 districts|
|Association administration address:||Rossberg 3
53505 Altenahr, Germany
|Local Mayor :||Rüdiger Fuhrmann ( CDU )|
|Location of the local community Altenahr in the Ahrweiler district|
Altenahr is a municipality in the Ahrweiler district in northern Rhineland-Palatinate . It is the administrative seat of the association of the same name , to which it also belongs. Altenahr is classified as a basic center according to state planning .
The annual precipitation is 668 mm. The precipitation is in the middle third of the values recorded in Germany. Lower values are registered at 34% of the measuring stations of the German Weather Service . The driest month is February, the most precipitation falls in July. In July there is 1.6 times more rainfall than in February. Precipitation hardly varies and is evenly distributed over the year. Lower seasonal fluctuations are recorded at only 13% of the measuring stations .
The first documentary mention took place in 893 in the Prümer Urbar .
On June 7, 1969, the previously independent community of Kreuzberg with 560 inhabitants was incorporated into Altenahr.
The local council in Altenahr consists of 16 council members, who were elected in the local elections on May 26, 2019 in a personalized proportional representation, and the honorary local mayor as chairman.
Rüdiger Fuhrmann (CDU) became local mayor of Altenahr in June 2014. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was confirmed in office for a further five years with a share of 64.14% of the votes.
Fuhrmann's predecessor Albrecht Kreiten (CDU) had held the office for ten years, but did not take up office again in 2014.
Culture and sights
- The most famous sight is the huge ruins of Are Castle from the 12th century.
- In the center is the Romanesque parish church from the 13th century.
- The Kreuzberg Castle , which is still inhabited today, rises above the Kreuzberg district .
- The former railway depot (Bw) Kreuzberg (Ahr) , which was listed until 2004 and was maintained by a museum association, is located in Kreuzberg . However, further receipt may be possible. a. endangered by planned construction work and the dilapidated state of the roundhouse .
- The road tunnel of the Ahrtalstrasse , opened in 1834 and admired as an attraction, shows at the lower tunnel exit the high water that has risen into the tunnel. This also includes the status of the devastating flood of 1910.
- From 1953 to 2011, a 350 m long chair lift connected the place with a restaurant on the eastern edge of the mountain called Ditschhardt . He overcame a difference in altitude of 164 m. The cable car road as well as the valley and mountain stations are still reminiscent of this technical structure.
See also: List of cultural monuments in Altenahr
- The nature reserve “ Ahrschleife bei Altenahr ” is located below Altenahr, near the Altenahr youth hostel in the Langfigtal valley .
See also: List of natural monuments in Altenahr
Sports and leisure activities
In the mountains around Altenahr there are opportunities for extensive hikes through forests and vineyards.
- Altenahr wine summer, first weekend in July
- Altenahrer Castle Festival, first weekend in August
- Altenahrer Weinfest, last weekend in September and the following four weekends in October
- Thanksgiving Day (Maateljass), third weekend of November
Economy and Infrastructure
Altenahr is part of the wine field Walporzheim in the region Ahr . Five wine-growing businesses are active in the village, and the area under vines is ten hectares . About 66% of the cultivated wine are red wine grape varieties (as of 2007). In 1979 eight businesses were still active, the vineyard area at that time was eight hectares.
The former train station and current breakpoint Altenahr and the Station Kreuzberg (Ahr) are located on the Ahrtalbahn ( KBS 477 ) Remagen - Ahrbrück , on the passenger in the "Rhein-Ahr-Bahn" (RB 30) operates.
For local public transport on the RB 30, the tariff of the Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Mosel (VRM) and the regional Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Sieg (VRS) apply, and the NRW tariff applies to trips to North Rhine-Westphalia . Local rail passenger transport (SPNV) is carried out by DB Regio NRW , which uses DB class 620 diesel multiple units for the RB 30 for speeds of up to 140 km / h.
Altenahr lies at the end of the B 267 , which joins the B 257 here . The B 257n is the Altenahr bypass that was opened in 1998 and leads through the Ditschhardt and Übigstunnel to reunite with the old federal road near the Kreuzberg district. In Kreuzberg, the highway 76, which comes from the Sahrbachtal, joins the B 257. The Lingenberg tunnel , a short extension of the B 257n, has been open since 2008 . It replaces an old swerve on the main road around Lingenberg along the banks of the Ahr, which urgently needed to be renovated, but has now been dismantled.
- Gerhard von Are (around 1100–1169), provost of the Cassius monastery in Bonn
- Paul Magar (1909–2000), painter
- Albrecht Freiherr von Boeselager (* 1949), lawyer
- Official website of the local community Altenahr
- Literature about Altenahr in the Rhineland-Palatinate state bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate: My village, my city. Retrieved January 15, 2020 .
- Official municipality directory 2006 ( Memento from December 22, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) (= State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate [Hrsg.]: Statistical volumes . Volume 393 ). Bad Ems March 2006, p. 168, 177 (PDF; 2.6 MB). Info: An up-to-date directory ( 2016 ) is available, but in the section "Territorial changes - Territorial administrative reform" it does not give any population figures.
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- Rüdiger Fuhrmann sworn in as local mayor. In: Blick Aktuell. Krupp Verlags GmbH, Sinzig, June 30, 2016, accessed on August 4, 2020 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Altenahr, Verbandsgemeinde, third line of results. Retrieved August 4, 2020 .
- Hildegard Ginzler From the inn to the town hall in General-Anzeiger Bonn, November 24, 2016, under REGION, p. 25
- Youth hostel Altenahr , portrait of the nature conservation youth hostel in Altenahr on diejugendherbergen.de
- Querying the course book route 477 at Deutsche Bahn.
- Christine Schulze: bypass road for Altenahr opened after more than ten years of construction. In: Heimatjahrbuch 1999. Ahrweiler district, accessed on January 15, 2020 .