Rhein-Mosel transport association
|Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Mosel GmbH
|founding||January 1, 1996|
|Seat||Koblenz , Germany|
The transport association Rhein-Mosel GmbH (abbreviated VRM ) is a municipally supported transport association of counties Altenkirchen (Westerwald) , Ahrweiler , Cochem-Zell , Mayen-Koblenz , Neuwied , Rhein-Hunsrück , Rhein-Lahn , Westerwaldkreis and the independent city Koblenz founded, to offer a uniform public transport tariff.
Neighboring transport associations and transitional tariffs
The VRM borders in the north on the Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Sieg (VRS) and in the northeast on the Verkehrsverbund Westfalentarif , in the east on the Rhein-Main-Verkehrsverbund (RMV), in the west on the Verkehrsverbund Region Trier (VRT) and in the south on the Rhein-Nahe-Nahverkehrsverbund (RNN). The tariff of the Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Sieg (VRS) is valid as a transitional tariff in the districts of Ahrweiler, Altenkirchen and Neuwied, provided that the start or destination station of the journey is in the VRS area. The Schöne-Tag-Ticket NRW and Schöne-Fahrt-Ticket NRW are also recognized in the districts of Ahrweiler, Altenkirchen and Neuwied. On the victory route , the Westphalian tariff also applies as a transitional tariff from the Westphalian tariff to Wissen (Sieg) . The Rhineland-Palatinate part of the victory route can also be used as a transit route with tickets for the NRW tariff if the start and destination station are in North Rhine-Westphalia.
The fares in the VRM are calculated using a honeycomb system. The price increases with the number of tariff cells passed through, whereby the maximum price applies to ten or more tariff cells. There are various offers for commuters and frequent drivers: monthly and discounted 9 a.m. monthly tickets, weekly, daily and three-day tickets are offered for certain routes, the transport networks of the cities of Neuwied and Koblenz or for the entire network. Groups of up to five people can buy a mini-group ticket under the same conditions. Furthermore, the Student Plus Ticket is offered, with which students can use all means of transport in the network all day long on school days from 2 p.m. and on school-free days (also during holidays) for a comparatively low monthly fee.
VRM also offers supplementary tickets for first class use on local trains as a supplement to single tickets, weekly tickets, monthly tickets or 9 a.m. monthly tickets of all price levels or for season tickets for the Koblenz, Neuwied networks or the entire network.
Travelers over the age of 60 have the option in the VRM to purchase the 60+ ticket individually (valid 30 days from the date of issue) or as a subscription throughout the network from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m., on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays around the clock to be able to use all buses and trains.
In addition to the association 's own discount card, the so-called VRM-MobilCard , with which you get a 20% discount on single trips for an annual fee , a company's own chip card is accepted on the evm lines in Koblenz and on the MVB lines in Neuwied. The valid country tickets of the DB, the Rhineland-Palatinate Ticket and the Rhineland-Palatinate Ticket + Luxembourg are also accepted. The Quer-Durch-Land-Ticket is also valid on all local trains of the VRM, but not on buses and ferries.
The Koblenz Card offers a special public transport offer in the city of Koblenz. This is valid for 24 hours from the time of issue and enables the use of all public transport in the city of Koblenz including the inclined elevator to the Ehrenbreitstein Fortress / DJH as well as the Rhine ferry Koblenz and the Moselle ferry Koblenz-Lay and also offers discounts for visits to museums, visits to the city theater, admission to the city library, ride on the Rhine cable car, exhibitions, city tours, sightseeing tours and other tourist offers. It is available from the Tourist Information in the Forum Confluentes.
In principle, bicycles can be taken along in the VRM in almost all modes of transport, provided that the available space is not required for passengers, prams or wheelchairs. Bicycles can be taken on the trains from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m., on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays around the clock in connection with a ticket at the VRM tariff, but from Monday to Friday before 9 a.m., a bicycle card is available (reduced Single ticket of price level 4) required. It is not possible to take bicycles on the buses from Monday to Friday before 9 a.m. Tandems, bicycle trailers and bicycles with motor equipment are excluded from taking bicycles with you.
Dogs can be taken into the VRM with a reduced single ticket, reduced day or season ticket, provided the dog owner also travels with a ticket at the VRM tariff. Guide dogs and dogs in suitable carrying boxes are transported free of charge in the VRM.
Holders of a valid BahnCard 100 can also use all long-distance and local trains and all buses of the subsidiaries of DB Regio (Rhein-Mosel Bus, Rhein-Westerwald Bus and Rhein-Hunsrück Bus) and buses that run on their behalf free of charge in the VRM network area use. In all other VRM means of transport, holders of the BahnCard 100 - as well as holders of a valid BahnCard 25 or BahnCard 50 - receive a 25% discount on single tickets at all price levels.
The validity of single tickets depends on the price level of the ticket. The journey can be interrupted any number of times and for any length of time, provided that the journey has ended before the expiry of the validity period.
In the interests of safety, police officers of the state of Rhineland-Palatinate and the federal police in uniform are generally transported free of charge in all buses and local trains of the VRM in second class.
Tickets are available online, in sales outlets, by post order or from the driver in the bus services, as well as from the driver of the trains operated by Westerwaldbahn GmbH. Ticket machines from which VRM tickets are available are located at most train stations in the VRM area. On some railway lines, which are operated by Rhenus Veniro and the Dreiländerbahn operating division of the Hessian State Railway, there are mobile ticket machines in the trains, as most stations and stops here do not have ticket machines. All VRM tickets are also available at the ticket machines of the railway companies and can also be purchased for bus trips.
The transport association Rhein-Mosel was by 1 January 1996. regional district of Ahrweiler , Cochem-Zell , Mayen-Koblenz , district of Neuwied , Rhein-Hunsrück-Kreis , Rhein-Lahn-Kreis , City Koblenz and Westerwaldkreis founded. Since January 1, 2009, the district of Altenkirchen (Westerwald) has also been one of the shareholders of the VRM. These districts all belonged to the former Koblenz administrative district . The Westerwaldkreis has only applied the VRM tariff since January 1, 2017, but joins the VRM together with the other districts and the city of Koblenz on January 1, 1996, initially without applying the VRM tariff.
After the transport association initially concentrated on local public transport by bus and train, the Loreley ferry , which runs between Sankt Goar and Sankt Goarshausen, has also been one of its partners since 2004 . On April 1, 2012 the Rhine ferry Boppard (Boppard – Filsen), the Rhine ferry Koblenz (Koblenz-Altstadt – Koblenz-Ehrenbreitstein) and the Moselle ferry Koblenz-Lay became partners of the VRM. The ferry operator's in-house tariff still applies on these four ferries, but VRM tickets, which can be purchased from all bus and train companies in the VRM, are also accepted.
Holders of valid VRM tickets can use the inclined elevator to the Ehrenbreitstein Fortress / DJH free of charge using the public transport exchange function that can be used at the ticket machine in the mountain and valley stations, the same applies to the Rhineland-Palatinate tickets and train tickets at the local transport tariff to Koblenz.
Since the timetable change in December 2014, the tariff of the Rhein-Mosel transport association has also been valid on the trains of the Moselweinbahn (Bullay – Traben-Trarbach), provided the departure or destination station of the journey is in the VRM area. Season tickets for the entire VRM network as well as all VRM season tickets by subscription on weekends and on public holidays are now also recognized on the Mosel Wine Railway, as these are valid on weekends and public holidays in the entire VRM area. On the section between Pünderich and Traben-Trarbach, the tariff of the Verkehrsverbund Region Trier VRT applies.
Municipalities and cities (selection)
The independent city of Koblenz is the only regional center within the Rhein-Mosel transport association. It is located in the center of the network area. Other cities, municipalities and association communities within the area are:
- Verbandsgemeinde Altenkirchen-Flammersfeld
- Then after
- Bad Ems commune
- Bad Marienberg (Westerwald)
- Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler
- Verbandsgemeinde Betzdorf-Gebhardshain
- Verbandsgemeinde Cochem
- Verbandsgemeinde Diez
- Verbandsgemeinde Linz am Rhein
- Association of Churches
- Verbandsgemeinde Loreley (including Kaub and Sankt Goarshausen )
- Association municipality Nassau
- Association municipality of Sankt Goar-Oberwesel
- Association of Simmern / Hunsrück
- Verbandsgemeinde Vallendar
- Verbandsgemeinde Wirges
The following companies drive in the VRM (as of April 2016):
- Auto Schmidt
- Blankenrather Verkehrsbetrieb GmbH
- BRS Busverkehr Ruhr-Sieg GmbH
- DB Regio AG
- Dott-Reisen GmbH
- evm Verkehrs GmbH
- Ferry Loreley GmbH & Co. KG
- Fiedler Taxi and Busreisen GmbH
- Griesar travel service
- Hoffmann trips
- Jablonski Manfred
- Knautz trips
- Kraftwagen Verkehr Koblenz GmbH (KVG)
- Lauterberg, Hans-Dieter
- Bustouristik Marenbach GmbH & Co. KG
- Martin Becker GmbH & Co. KG
- Meso and more GmbH
- Modigell & Scherer GmbH
- Moselbahn Verkehrsbetriebsgesellschaft mbH (MB)
- H. Ochsenbrücher GmbH
- Orthen GmbH
- Omnibusverkehr Eifel-Mosel GmbH (OVEM)
- Omnibusverkehr Rhein-Nahe GmbH (ORN)
- Regional traffic Cologne
- Reuter Travel
- Boppard Rhine ferry
- Rhine ferry in Koblenz
- Rheingau-Taunus-Verkehrsgesellschaft mbH (RTV)
- Rhein-Mosel-Verkehrsgesellschaft mbH (RMV)
- Rhenus Veniro GmbH & Co. KG
- Rhein-Westerwald Nahverkehr GmbH (RWN)
- Stadtwerke Andernach GmbH
- Stadtwerke Bonn Verkehrs GmbH
- trans regio Deutsche Regionalbahn GmbH
- Axel Tücks GmbH
- Middle Rhine public transport company
- VIAS GmbH
- vlexx GmbH
- Vogt's Reisen GmbH
- VVB Vereinigte Verkehrsbetriebe GmbH
- Westerwaldbahn GmbH (WEBA)
- Wünning Reisen GbR
Transport associations in Rhineland-Palatinate
- Transport Association Rhine-Mosel (VRM)
- Transport Association Trier Region (VRT)
- Rhein-Nahe-Nahverkehrsverbund (RNN)
- Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Neckar (VRN)
- Is the Westerwaldkreis a member of the Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Mosel GmbH (VRM)? (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on June 6, 2012 ; Retrieved November 11, 2012 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- VRM: Press release of the Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Mosel GmbH on the introduction of the VRM tariff in the Altenkirchen district from 1.1.2009. Rheinland-Pfalz-Takt, December 17, 2008, accessed on November 11, 2012 .
- About us. (No longer available online.) Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Mosel, archived from the original on June 30, 2012 ; Retrieved November 11, 2012 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- With VRM tickets across the Rhine. Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Mosel, March 2, 2012, accessed on November 11, 2012 .
- Cross the Rhine and Mosellewith VRM tickets - two other ferries recognize the network tariff. Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Mosel, April 3, 2012, accessed on November 11, 2012 .