|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Adenau|
|Height :||345 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||3.25 km 2|
|Residents:||162 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||50 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||53534|
|Area code :||02691|
|License plate :||AW|
|Community key :||07 1 31 086|
|Community structure:||2 districts|
|Association administration address:||Kirchstrasse 15
|Local Mayor :||Peter Pürling|
|Location of the local community in the district of Ahrweiler|
The place was first mentioned in a document as "Wirff" in 1254. Ten years later, the place became the property of the Himmerod monastery , and from 1290 it belonged to Reifferscheid in the Electoral Cologne office of Nürburg .
In the Eiflia Illustrata in 1852 the place is described as follows:
- “Werft, a village with a chapel, 23 houses and 131 inhabitants, is parish after Kirmuthscheid, a hamlet in which, in addition to the church, there is also a rectory, a schoolhouse and a residential building with farm buildings, and on the other side of the stream there are 4 buildings with 4 inhabitants.
- The Dreimüller Hof, which consists of a house with 8 residents ... are parish in Kirmuthscheid.
- Before 1794, all of these localities belonged to the Kurkölnischen Amte Nürburg. During the French administration they were assigned to the municipality of Hoffelt, a village with 43 houses and 189 inhabitants, at that time in the Mairie Barweiler now in the mayor's office of Aremberg . "
Though originally strongly agricultural, the area used in this way has decreased by over 50 percent since 1977. In 2007 there were still five farms with an average of 18 ha of cultivated area. A certain income is achieved today through the offer of overnight accommodation, also within the framework of the events on the Nürburgring.
Two catholic houses of worship are assigned to Werft, one of which is originally dated to 1214.
- Population development
The development of the population of Wirft, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Peter Pürling is the local mayor of Wirft. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was confirmed in office for a further five years with a share of 78.02% of the votes.
- Local parish throws on the pages of the Verbandsgemeinde Adenau
- Throws in the television program Hierzuland
- Literature about throws in the Rhineland-Palatinate state bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2020. S. 7 (PDF; 1 MB).
- Johann Friedrich Schannat : Eiflia illustrata or geographical and historical description of the Eifel , third volume, 1852, p. 368 ( Google Books )
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Adenau, Verbandsgemeinde, 36th line of results. Retrieved August 15, 2020 .