|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Brohl valley|
|Height :||284 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||11.46 km 2|
|Residents:||590 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||51 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||56653|
|Area code :||02636|
|License plate :||AW|
|Community key :||07 1 31 205|
|LOCODE :||DE 82N|
|Association administration address:||Kapellenstrasse 12
|Local Mayor :||Manfred Hürter|
|Location of the local community of Glees in the Ahrweiler district|
Glees is located in the valley of the Gleeser Bach in the Eifel , two kilometers northwest of the Laacher See , the largest nature reserve in Rhineland-Palatinate. Glees heard as living space , the Abbey Maria Laach . The municipality is located in the conservation area "Rhein-Ahr-Eifel".
- Statistics on population development
The development of the population of the municipality of Glees, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
The municipal council in Glees consists of twelve council members, who were elected in a personalized proportional representation in the local elections on May 26, 2019 , and the honorary local mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
- FWG = Free Voting Group Glees / Maria Laach e. V.
Manfred Hürter (FWG) became mayor of Glees in 1999. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was confirmed in his office for a further five years with a share of 61.11% of the votes.
One of the sights is the Maria Laach Benedictine Abbey, founded in 1093 . The abbey and the Laacher See area are visited by around two million day tourists every year. This means that tourism is of great importance to the local community. The abbey is home to the St. Winfried Natural History Museum with an extensive collection of animals from all over the world. There is also a large collection of stones and minerals from the Laacher See area. Glees and the Maria Laach district have a well-marked network of hiking trails. These run predominantly in the nature reserves Laacher See and Dachsbusch .
The community center in Glees was expanded in 1998 and stands events of clubs and the local municipality.
See also: List of cultural monuments in Glees
- In this country: Wassenacher Strasse in Glees. ( Memento from July 20, 2014 in the web archive archive.today ) Landesschau Rheinland-Pfalz, SWR TV, June 25, 2014
- Literature about Glees in the Rhineland-Palatinate State Bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2019 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 10 (PDF; 3 MB).
- Wilhelm Fabricius : Explanations of the historical atlas of the Rhine province, 2nd volume: The map of 1789. Bonn 1898, p. 537.
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate: My village, my city. Retrieved November 23, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections .
- Manfred Hürter is running again as mayor for Glees. In: Blick Aktuell. Krupp Verlags GmbH, Sinzig, March 26, 2019, accessed on August 3, 2020 .
- The State Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Brohltal, Verbandsgemeinde, eleventh line of results. Retrieved August 3, 2020 .