Association municipality of Brohltal
|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Area :||138.44 km 2|
|Residents:||18,433 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||133 inhabitants per km 2|
|License plate :||AW|
|Association key :||07 1 31 5004|
|Association structure:||17 municipalities|
|Association administration address
|Mayor :||Johannes Bell|
|Location of the Brohltal community in the Ahrweiler district|
The Verbandsgemeinde Brohltal is an administrative unit in the legal form of a regional authority in the district of Ahrweiler in the north of Rhineland-Palatinate . The administrative seat is in the local community Niederzissen . The Verbandsgemeinde was formed in 1970.
The Brohlbach, which gives it its name, is characteristic of the Brohl valley . The Laacher See with the Maria Laach Abbey , Olbrück Castle and the Vulkan-Express , a historic narrow-gauge railway , are of great tourist interest .
The Verbandsgemeinde Brohltal, together with the Verbandsgemeinden Vordereifel, Mendig and Pellenz, forms the Vulcanic Eastern Eifel , one of three sub-regions into which the Vulkaneifel is divided.
Association members communities
|Local parish||Area (km²)||Residents|
|Association municipality of Brohltal||138.45||18,433|
(Residents on December 31, 2019)
As part of the territorial and administrative reform in Rhineland-Palatinate, which took place between 1965 and 1975, the previous offices of Burgbrohl and Kempenich in the district of Mayen and the office were initially with effect from October 1968, based on the area of today's Verbandsgemeinde Brohltal Niederzissen in the district of Ahrweiler converted into association communities.
The Verbandsgemeinde Brohltal was re-established as part of the eighth administrative simplification law of the state of Rhineland-Palatinate (8th VwVeinfG) of July 28, 1970 with effect from November 7, 1970. It emerged from parts of the dissolved Mayen district with the municipalities
- Brenk, Burgbrohl, Galenberg, Glees, Wassenach and Wehr (Verbandsgemeinde Burgbrohl),
- Engeln, Hohenleimbach, Kempenich, Spessart and Weibern (Verbandsgemeinde Kempenich),
as well as from the communities that previously belonged to the Ahrweiler district
- Dedenbach, Königsfeld, Niederdürenbach, Niederzissen, Oberdürenbach, Oberzissen and Schalkenbach (association municipality Niederzissen).
The provisional association communities Niederzissen, Burgbrohl and Kempenich were dissolved at the same time.
In the first phase, on June 7, 1969, the municipality of Burgbrohl was re-formed from the dissolved municipalities of Burgbrohl, Niederoberweiler and Oberlützingen.
Communal territorial changes
After the formation of the association:
- The municipality of Ramersbach was incorporated into Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler on March 16, 1974.
- The Engeln community was incorporated into the Kempenich community on June 10, 1979.
The development of the number of inhabitants in relation to the area of what is today the Brohltal community; the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Association municipal council
The Brohltal municipal council consists of 32 honorary council members, who were elected in a personalized proportional representation in the local elections on May 26, 2019 , and the full-time mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
- FWG = Free Voting Group Verbandsgemeinde Brohltal e. V.
In 2007 Johannes Bell (FWG) was elected mayor. On May 10, 2015, he was confirmed in office for a further eight years with a share of the vote of 83.35%.
According to state planning, Burgbrohl and Niederzissen are designated as the basic centers .
The competent courts are the Higher Regional Court and the Regional Court in Koblenz as well as the Sinzig District Court . The communities are assigned to the Remagen and Adenau police stations (Kempenich, Weibern, Spessart). The association is located in the tax office district of Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler. The responsible Chamber of Commerce and Industry is based in Koblenz .
A vehicle registration office for the Ahrweiler district has been set up as a branch in Niederzissen.
There are seven primary schools in Burgbrohl, Kempenich, Niederdürenbach, Schalkenbach, Wassenach, Wehr and Weibern, a Realschule plus in Niederzissen and a special school with a focus on learning in Burgbrohl. There are also six Catholic and three municipal kindergartens.
The association is located in the Eifel / Ahr tourist area. The municipalities of Kempenich and Wassenach have been given the rating resort .
- Matthias Röcke: Castles and palaces between Ahr and Brohlbach - Famous and unknown facilities in the Ahrweiler district . (With photos by Karl Heinz Thurz and with an overview map and marking of the individual objects and the most important cities. Very numerous references to literature). Cologne: JP Bachem 1984, 119 S, Fig.
- Werner D'hein: Nature and culture guide Vulkanland Eifel. With 26 stations on the "German Volcano Road". Gaasterland-Verlag, Düsseldorf 2006, ISBN 3-935873-15-8 .
- Manfred Mehlhop: Old stone crosses in the area of the Brohltal community . Niederzissen 1993
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- Wolfgang Dietz: Local area and administrative reform using the example of the Brohltal community , Heimatjahrbuch 1996 Kreis Ahrweiler ( online edition )
- Official municipality directory (= State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate [Hrsg.]: Statistical volumes . Volume 407 ). Bad Ems February 2016, p. 147 (PDF; 2.8 MB; see also pages 158 and 167).
- Heinz Korbach: Administrative reform in the district of Ahrweiler , Heimatjahrbuch 1972 Kreis Ahrweiler ( online edition )
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate: Regional data.
- The regional returning officer RLP: Association council election 2019 Brohltal. Retrieved August 11, 2019 .
- The Regional Returning Officer RLP: Election of the mayors of the association communities. Year 2015, row 9. Retrieved August 11, 2019 .
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - key data of individual schools by school location