|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Brohl valley|
|Height :||278 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||10.26 km 2|
|Residents:||810 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||79 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||53426|
|Area code :||02646|
|License plate :||AW|
|Community key :||07 1 31 073|
|Community structure:||4 districts|
|Association administration address:||Kapellenstrasse 12
|Local Mayor :||Thomas Weber|
|Location of the community of Schalkenbach in the district of Ahrweiler|
Schalkenbach im Vinxtbachtal is a municipality in the district of Ahrweiler in Rhineland-Palatinate . It belongs to the Brohltal community , which has its administrative headquarters in Niederzissen .
The community lies in the conservation area "Rhein-Ahr-Eifel". In addition to the main town, the districts Untervinxt, Mittelvinxt and Obervinxt as well as the residential area " Waldgut Schirmau " belong to Schalkenbach .
Schalkenbach and Vinxt belonged to that part of the Landskron lordship that the von der Leyen and Waldbott von Bassenheim families owned and left to Count Palatine Philipp Wilhelm , Duke of Jülich , against Adendorf and Eckendorf in 1664 . The two villages have belonged to the County of Neuenahr since then and were under the rule of the Electorate of the Palatinate until the end of the 18th century .
As a result of the French Revolutionary Wars , the area on the left bank of the Rhine belonged to France from 1798 to 1814 . Schalkenbach and Vinxt belonged to the Mairie Königsfeld in the canton of Wehr , which was part of the Bonn arrondissement in the Rhine-Mosel department .
After the Kingdom of Prussia was awarded the Rhineland and thus also parts of the area previously under French rule at the Congress of Vienna in 1815 , the two places came to the mayor's office in Königsfeld and the Ahrweiler district in the Koblenz administrative district in 1816 .
- Population development
The development of the population of the community of Schalkenbach, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Thomas Weber became the local mayor of Schalkenbach on August 20, 2019. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was elected for five years with 66.28% of the vote.
Weber's predecessor Anton Harst had held the office for 20 years, but did not take office again in 2019.
Culture and sights
There are some protected cultural monuments in Schalkenbach and Vinxt :
- Schalkenbach district
- The Catholic Chapel of St. John the Baptist , a hall building from 1748 with an eight-sided pointed helmet;
- Schalkenbach district
- The Schirmau forest estate, an estate from the beginning of the 20th century and a half-timbered house from the 18th century; today used as a retirement home for the city of Krefeld.
- Different crosses from the 17th and 18th centuries.
- District Obervinxt
- A courtyard with two half-timbered houses, some massive; a cast-iron grave cross from the 18th century near the courtyard.
- Untervinxt district
- the Chapel of Mary Queen of Peace , probably from the 19th century.
- A grave cross from 1661.
- The observation tower on the high Weiselstein; a 10 meter high wooden tower with a view over the juniper heather .
- The replica of a coal pile.
- In Schalkenbach there is a traffic and beautification association that takes care of the condition of hiking trails and public facilities. The association organizes a village festival once a year.
- The Carnival Association Schalkenbach-Vinxt, founded in autumn 2005, is responsible for the carnival activities. This includes the big carnival parade on Carnival Saturday in Schalkenbach.
- In addition, the group of bachelors and journeymen Schalkenbach / Vinxt has existed since mid-2006. These young people manage the planning of the opening disco of the fair and also that of the May Day celebrations.
- The Jägersberghalle is the central location for sports groups and local clubs.
- The local community of Schalkenbach on the website of the Brohltal community
- Literature about Schalkenbach in the Rhineland-Palatinate state bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2019 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 9 (PDF; 3 MB).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate: Regional data.
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections.
- Constituent meeting of the Schalkenbach municipal council. In: Council and Citizen Information System. Verbandsgemeindeverwaltung Brohltal, August 20, 2019, accessed on August 4, 2020 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Brohltal, Verbandsgemeinde, seventh line of results. Retrieved August 4, 2020 .
- Large chair back in Schalkenbach. In: localbook.de, from: Olbrück Rundschau 35/2019. Linus Wittich Medien GmbH, August 28, 2019, accessed on August 4, 2020 .
- General Directorate for Cultural Heritage Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Informational directory of cultural monuments - Ahrweiler district. Mainz 2020, p. 63 (PDF; 5.1 MB).
- Map service of the landscape information system of the Rhineland-Palatinate nature conservation administration (LANIS map) ( notes ) Scale 1: 2,500