|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Adenau|
|Height :||389 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||3.81 km 2|
|Residents:||215 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||56 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||53533|
|Area code :||02693|
|License plate :||AW|
|Community key :||07 1 31 052|
|Association administration address:||Kirchstrasse 15
|Local Mayor :||Udo Adriany|
|Location of the local community Müsch in the district of Ahrweiler|
The place was mentioned for the first time in 975 as Muska , in a precarious contract of the Abbey of St. Maximin . Until the end of the 18th century the place belonged to the Electoral Cologne office of Nürburg . Several people were killed in the floods in 1804 and 1910.
Udo Adriany became mayor of Müsch on June 24, 2019. Since there was no candidate in the direct election on May 26, 2019, the upcoming election of the mayor was incumbent on the council, which decided in favor of Adriany, in accordance with municipal regulations.
Adriany's predecessor Matthias Schüller had held the office since 1995, but did not take up again in 2019.
The branch church of St. Katharina in Müsch was built in 1787. There plague crosses remind of the help that the people of Müscher brought to the neighboring village of Rodder , which was hit by a serious plague epidemic . See the list of cultural monuments in Müsch
Müsch is conveniently located on the federal highway 258 , which runs from Koblenz to Aachen and crosses the Eifel. The national road 73 is a feeder for B 258 and connecting the location of the located in the north Antweiler . The Müsch station was on the now disused railway line Dümpelfeld – Lissendorf .
- 2018: Alfred Kleinermeilert (* 1928), Auxiliary Bishop emeritus, was made the only honorary citizen of Müsch due to his spiritual life's work and his deep connection to his home town.
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Adenau, Verbandsgemeinde, 21st line of results. Retrieved August 8, 2020 .
- Fear in the VG Adenau: Many mayors no longer continue. Matthias Schüller. In: Rhein-Zeitung. Mittelrhein-Verlag GmbH, Koblenz, March 29, 2019, accessed on August 8, 2020 .
- Werner Dreschers: Jubilee: The oldest bishop celebrates as "Müscher Jong" in his home country. In: Rhein-Zeitung. Mittelrhein-Verlag GmbH, Koblenz, July 9, 2018, accessed on August 8, 2020 .