|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Adenau|
|Height :||408 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||7.27 km 2|
|Residents:||271 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||37 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||53518|
|Area code :||02691|
|License plate :||AW|
|Community key :||07 1 31 028|
|Association administration address:||Kirchstrasse 15
|Mayoress :||Monika Korden|
|Location of the local community of Herschbroich in the Ahrweiler district|
The Alte Burg and Haus Brigitte residential areas also belong to Herschbroich .
Herschbroich was first mentioned in a document in 1202.
Until the end of the 18th century, Herschbroich belonged to the electoral office of Nürburg and the Adenau mayor . Under the French administration, Herschbroich belonged to the canton of Adenau in the Rhine-Mosel department . As a result of the resolutions passed at the Congress of Vienna in 1815, the left bank of the Rhine , including Herschbroich, was assigned to the Kingdom of Prussia . After the administrative structure newly created by Prussia, Herschbroich belonged to the mayor's office of Adenau in the district of Adenau from 1816 , which was assigned to the administrative district of Koblenz in the Rhine province (1822). Herschbroich has been part of the state of Rhineland-Palatinate since 1946 .
Since records began at the beginning of the 19th century, the population has fluctuated little and is now only slightly higher than about 200 years ago.
- Population development
The development of the population of Herschbroich, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Monika Korden is the local mayor of Herschbroich. Since there was no candidate for the direct election on May 26, 2019, the upcoming election of the mayor was incumbent on the council in accordance with municipal regulations. He confirmed Korden in office on June 27, 2019.
Culture and sights
The old castle in Herschbroich, of which wall and moat remains are still preserved, is classified as a prehistoric fortification and probably served as a refuge.
The town's greatest son is Johannes Brung, best known for his participation in the 1598 expedition under the command of Jacob Cornelisz von Neck. Brung sailed as a ship's carpenter on the Dutch voyage of discovery to Mauritius . (See History of Mauritius )
- Local parish Herschbroich
- Literature about Herschbroich in the Rhineland-Palatinate State Bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2019 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 6 (PDF; 3 MB).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- The State Officer for Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Adenau, Verbandsgemeinde, eleventh line of results. Retrieved August 7, 2020 .
- Entry on Alte Burg, Wallburg (Herschbroich) in the private database "Alle Burgen".
- Hubert Heuskel: land around Nürburg and Hohe Acht: 800 years Herschbroich . Herschbroich 2002, ISBN 3-9804818-6-7 .