|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Adenau|
|Height :||388 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||2.34 km 2|
|Residents:||92 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||39 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||53520|
|Area code :||02695|
|License plate :||AW|
|Community key :||07 1 31 076|
|Association administration address:||Kirchstrasse 15
|Local Mayor :||Dirk Eßer|
|Location of the local community Sierscheid in the district of Ahrweiler|
Sierscheid is located in the central area of the Eifel . To the south, west and east it is surrounded by fields, while in the north an extensive forest area adjoins the living area.
Neighboring communities are Lind in the north, Hönningen in the northeast, Dümpelfeld and Insul in the south and Schuld and Harscheid in the west. The neighboring towns are each relatively far away from Sierscheid.
The place was first mentioned in a document in 1290. Up to the end of the 18th century it belonged to the mayor's office of guilt in the electoral office of Nürburg . The high and middle jurisdiction in Sierscheid was held by Kurköln and the Adenauer Johanniterkommende . This is indicated by the Kurkölner black cross and the Johanniterkreuz in mixed up tincture in the coat of arms. At the court court in 1668, when the rights and freedoms as well as the feudal relationships of the Schulder "Domhof" were regulated, a lay judge Adam von Sierscheid is also named. In 1670 Sierscheid owned approx. 230 hectares of land. In 1772 Sierscheid had to sell the forest property "die Denn" for 1000 Reichstaler to the magistrate "Dionisius Lückenbach" of the Electoral Cologne "Dingstuhles Brüsk" (court) in the Altenahr office. The reason for this was a lost trial against guilt. Sierscheid was always guilty and was mentioned as a branch in 1570. A chapel, dedicated to St. Maternus, is said to have been built for the first time around 1730. In 1830 it was renovated and in 1831 it was designated. His attribute is a crook.
- Statistics on population development
The development of the population of Oberlascheid, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Dirk Eßer became the local mayor of Sierscheid on July 10, 2019. Since there were no applicants for the direct election on May 26, 2019, the upcoming election of the mayor was incumbent on the council, which decided in favor of Eßer, in accordance with the municipal regulations.
Eßer's predecessor Olaf Oldenburg had held the office for 20 years.
coat of arms
|Blazon : “In the silver head of the shield there is a rising black point, inside a silver crook. To the right of it, a black cross and to the left a red Johanniterkreuz. "|
|Reasons for the coat of arms: The bishop's staff is a sign of belonging to Kurköln (one of the originally seven electoral principalities of the Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation) to which Sierscheid belonged. Other sources relate the stick to St. Maternus, to whom the Sierscheider chapel is dedicated. The Maltese cross or the Johanniterkreuz attests to the affiliation to the Adenauer Johanniterkommende. The origin of the cross on the right side of the coat of arms remains unclear.|
Culture and sights
- The Sierscheider Maternuskapelle was built in 1730.
- Annual fair or parish fair is celebrated on the Sunday after September 14th (Maternus).
- Sierscheider Opera Summer Music Festival on Waldstrasse (in August)
- Hiking trails in and around Sierscheid
See also: List of cultural monuments in Sierscheid
Economy and Infrastructure
Several holiday apartments are available in the village.
The kindergarten is attended in Schuld, the elementary school in Antweiler, schools like RealschulePlus and grammar school in Adenau. The children are picked up in the village by buses.
The community is accessed through the K 25 . It runs west and south of Sierscheid.
- Homepage of the local community Sierscheid
- Local community Sierscheid on the website of the Verbandsgemeinde Adenau
- Portrait of Sierscheid
- A photo tour around Sierscheid
- Literature about Sierscheid in the Rhineland-Palatinate state bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2018 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 4th f . (PDF; 2.2 MB).
- History of Sierscheid. Retrieved August 11, 2017 .
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Adenau, Verbandsgemeinde, 30th line of results. Retrieved August 11, 2020 .
- Fear in the VG Adenau: Many mayors no longer continue. Michael Henneberger. In: Rhein-Zeitung. Mittelrhein-Verlag GmbH, Koblenz, March 29, 2019, accessed on August 11, 2020 .
- Description of coat of arms / justification. Local community Sierscheid, accessed on August 1, 2017 .
- Opernsommer Sierscheid. Retrieved August 12, 2017 .
- Sierscheid hiking trail. Retrieved July 25, 2017 .
- Sierscheid hiking route. Retrieved August 11, 2017 .
- Hiking in Sierscheid. Retrieved August 11, 2017 .
- Holiday home in Sierscheid. Retrieved August 12, 2017 .