|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Adenau|
|Height :||450 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||5.01 km 2|
|Residents:||148 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||30 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||53520|
|Area code :||02694|
|License plate :||AW|
|Community key :||07 1 31 062|
|Association administration address:||Kirchstrasse 15
|Local Mayor :||Dirk Wassong|
|Location of the local community Ohlenhard in the Ahrweiler district|
The local community is located in the Ahr Mountains , immediately east of the state border with North Rhine-Westphalia . Neighboring communities are Hümmel in the north, Wershofen in the east, Eichenbach in the southeast and Blankenheim in the west.
The Johannishof residential area also belongs to Ohlenhard .
Ohlenhard was first mentioned in 1481 as "Olenhart". It was probably formed from a collection of charcoal burner huts. Until the end of the 18th century, Ohlenhard belonged to the Duchy of Arenberg .
In 1794 French revolutionary troops occupied the left bank of the Rhine . Under the French administration, Ohlenhard belonged to the canton Adenau , which was assigned to the Rhine-Moselle department . After the treaties concluded at the Congress of Vienna , the region, including Ohlenhard, became part of the Kingdom of Prussia in 1815 . Ohlenhard has only been independent since 1839, before the hamlets of Eichenbach , Fronhofen and Ohlenhard belonged to the municipality of Wershofen . The community Ohlenhard belonged to the mayor's office Aremberg in the district of Adenau , which was part of the administrative district of Coblenz and the Rhine province . In 1932 the Adenau district was dissolved and the Ohlenhard community was assigned to the Ahrweiler district . The municipality has belonged to the state of Rhineland-Palatinate since 1946 and to the Adenau association since 1970 .
In 1987 Ohlenhard won the gold medal in the state and federal decision of the competition Our village should be more beautiful .
- Population development
The development of the population of Ohlenhard, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
The following local mayors have held the office since 1919:
|Term of office||Surname|
|1930-1940||Johann Josef Brenner II|
|since 2014||Dirk Wassong|
Since there was no candidate for the direct election on May 26, 2019, the upcoming election of the mayor was incumbent on the council in accordance with municipal regulations. Dirk Wassong confirmed his position on July 1, 2019.
- The Marienkapelle in Ohlenhard was built in 1910–1911.
- The former village school, built in 1899, came into private ownership after its closure in 1966.
- Local community Ohlenhard on the website of the Verbandsgemeinde Adenau
- Literature about Ohlenhard in the Rhineland-Palatinate State Bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2019 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 7 (PDF; 3 MB).
- The government district of Coblenz according to its location, limitation, size, population ... , Coblenz: Pauli, 1817 page 55
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- Rainer Justen: 600 years and more. History and stories of Wershofen and Ohlenhard . Wershofen 1995, pp. 379-380.
- Gabi Geller: Ohlenhard does not yet have a mayor - Alwin Wirz who was voted out looks back , in: Rhein-Zeitung of June 6, 2014.
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Adenau, Verbandsgemeinde, 23rd line of results. Retrieved August 9, 2020 .