|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Adenau|
|Height :||437 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||21.82 km 2|
|Residents:||346 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||16 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||53520|
|Area code :||02691|
|License plate :||AW|
|Community key :||07 1 31 037|
|Community structure:||4 districts|
|Association administration address:||Kirchstrasse 15
|Local Mayor :||Manfred Hoffmann|
|Location of the local community of Kaltenborn in the Ahrweiler district|
Kaltenborn is located in the center of the Hocheifel at the foot of the Hohe Acht , which is highest elevation in the Eifel, in the midst of a hilly landscape with extensive forest areas. Due to its scenic location, the place is also shaped by tourism. The districts of Jammelshofen , Herschbach and Hochacht as well as the residential areas Hotel Hohe Acht, Mühlenhof and Rosenhof belong to Kaltenborn .
The Herschbach flows through Kaltenborn .
On November 7, 1970, the previously independent community of Jammelshofen was incorporated into Kaltenborn.
- Population development
The development of the population of Kaltenborn; the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Manfred Hoffmann became mayor of Kaltenborn in the summer of 2014. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was confirmed in his office with 61.76% of the votes.
Hoffmann's predecessor Wilfried Börder had held the office for 15 years.
On December 22, 1982, a US fighter plane crashed. Air Force from Bitburg near Herschbach. The pilot was killed in the crash. He was honored with a memorial stone ().
- Internet presence of the local community Kaltenborn
- Literature about Kaltenborn in the Rhineland-Palatinate State Bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2019 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 6 (PDF; 3 MB).
- Official municipality directory (= State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate [Hrsg.]: Statistical volumes . Volume 407 ). Bad Ems February 2016, p. 167 (PDF; 2.8 MB).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- Farewell to the former mayor Wilfried Börder. In: Blick Aktuell. Krupp Verlags GmbH, Sinzig, September 17, 2014, accessed on August 8, 2020 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Adenau, Verbandsgemeinde, 16th line of results. Retrieved August 8, 2020 .
- Captain Jeffrey Roether. In: Project Get Out and Walk. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016 ; accessed on January 27, 2016 (English).
- Illustration of the memorial stone on the Kaltenborn homepage. Retrieved May 30, 2016 .