Wildbach (Ustermer Aa)
The torrent in Wetzikon
|Water code||CH : 637|
|Drain over||Ustermer Aa → Glatt → Rhine → North Sea|
|Headwaters||am Allmen near Girenbad
47 ° 18 ′ 50 ″ N , 8 ° 53 ′ 13 ″ E
|Source height||1035 m above sea level M.|
|muzzle||near Medikon in the municipality of Wetzikon Coordinates: 47 ° 19 '32 " N , 8 ° 47' 2" E ; CH1903: 701 681 / 242504 47 ° 19 '32 " N , 8 ° 47' 2" O
|Mouth height||520 m above sea level M.|
|Height difference||515 m|
|Bottom slope||52 ‰|
|Catchment area||20.5 km²|
| Discharge at the Wetzikon
A Eo gauge : 20.5 km²
|4 l / s
538 l / s
26.2 l / (s km²)
44.3 m³ / s
|Left tributaries||Schaugenbach, Fischbach, Mostbach|
|Right tributaries||Ringwilerbach, Schwarzbach, Gigerbach, Schlossbach|
|Communities||Hinwil , Wetzikon|
The torrent is a 10 km long left tributary of the Ustermer Aa in the Hinwil district in the Swiss canton of Zurich . It drains 20.5 square kilometers of the Zurich Oberland in the communities of Hinwil and Wetzikon . The stream is the longest and with an average discharge of 538 l / s also the most water-rich tributary of the Ustermer Aa.
It should not be confused with the torrent of roughly the same length , which also runs in the canton of Zurich and flows into the Töss near Rorbas .
The torrent rises at 1035 m above sea level. M. in a forest area north of the Bachtels on the western slope of the Allmen ( 1076 m above sea level ), which here delimits the catchment areas of Glatt and Töss, above the Hinwiler Aussenwacht Girenbad . Initially it flows mainly westwards and a little later takes on the Hörnliholzbach, which rises from the Hörnli, from the left . It leaves the forest area at Boden and now flows through Gerenbad, where it takes up the Badwisenbächli and the Girenbadbächli .
It now enters a forest again and flows through the Wildbachtobel (also called Falätschentobel ) after the confluence of the Schaugenbach, the most important tributary in the upper reaches . After passing the Bernegg ruins , the Oberberneggbach flows into the ravine from the left, and a little later from the right, the Ringwilerbach, which comes from the Ringwiler Weiher .
From its confluence, it makes a curve to the south, takes on the Fischbach and enters the Hinwil settlement area. Here, before taking up the Baderbächli, it changes its course again and now runs north-west.
It now touches the industrial area of Hinwil, where it includes the Schwarzbach and the Brunnenbach and now runs lined with fields in the direction of Wetzikon. Here it passes the Grosswies retention basin , which was built in 2000 , where it absorbs the water from the Gigerbach and a little later that from the Mostbach .
It now reaches the urban area of Wetzikon, where the Schlossbach , the longest and most water-rich tributary, flows into the torrent. At Medikon it finally empties itself at 520 m above sea level. M. from the left into the Ustermer Aa coming from the Pfäffikersee , here turning to the west.
- left arm ( left )
- left lateral arm II ( left )
- Hörnliholzbach ( left ), 0.4 km
- Badwisenbächli ( right ), 0.9 km
- Girenbadbächli ( right ), 0.6 km
- Schaugenbach ( left ), 1.5 km
- Oberberneggbach ( left ), 0.9 km
- Ringwilerbach ( right ), 1.4 km, 1.49 km²
- Unterberneggbach ( left ), 0.5 km
- Fischbach ( left ), 2.4 km, 0.83 km²
- Tobelweidbach ( right ), 0.4 km
- Baderbächli ( right ), 0.4 km
- Haldenbächli ( right ), 0.9 km
- Schwarzbach ( right ), 2.3 km
- Brunnenbach ( left ), 1.5 km
- Gigerbach ( right ), 3.1 km, 2.01 km²
- Mostbach ( left ), 2.6 km, 3.51 km²
- Schlossbach ( right ), 1.6 km (with Ländebach 4.9 km)
- ↑ a b Geoserver of the Swiss Federal Administration ( information )
- ^ Individual references to the geographic information system of the Canton of Zurich
- ↑ a b Wildbach-Wetzikon. (PDF) Position 526: monthly samples. In: Office for Waste, Water, Energy and Air, Department of Water Protection. Retrieved October 9, 2015 .