Zdeněk Pouzar (born April 13, 1932 in Říčany ) is a Czech mycologist . Among other things, he is a specialist in non-leaf mushrooms (Aphyllophorales) and in the class of Sordariomycetes . Its botanical author abbreviation is " Pouzar ".
Zdeněk Pouzar's parents were teachers who worked in a social institution for young people. He grew up in his native Říčany and after moving in 1936 in Prague . In 1945 his father died as a victim of persecution for participating in the National Resistance.
Pouzar was already interested in mushrooms in his youth. After graduating from high school in 1952, he began studying mycology and phytopathology at the Faculty of Biology at Charles University in Prague. In 1957 he finished his studies with a thesis on the taxonomy of the species of the Coniophoraceae family in Czechoslovakia .
From October 1, 1974 to 1995, Pouzar was the successor to Albert Pilát, head of the mycological department at the National Museum . Between 1961 and 1981 he worked as an external expert in the determination of mushrooms for mushroom poisoning cases at the Institute of Toxicology and Forensic Chemistry at Charles University in Prague. From 1992 to 2000 he was President of the Czech Scientific Society for Mycology.
Along with František Kotlaba he published several works on the taxonomy of Porlinge which corticioiden mushrooms and leaves mushrooms . As sole author or together with Kotlaba, Pouzar described around 50 new genera and almost 30 new species. Pouzar is a recognized expert in the field of Sordariomycetes . Between 1993 and 2012 he was editor-in-chief of the scientific magazine Czech Mycology . He is the namesake of several species and genera of mushrooms, including the buckle-coniferous roof mushroom ( Pluteus pouzarianus ) and the scented fire sponge ( Phellinidium pouzarii ) as well as the subgenus Pouzarella of the genus Entoloma .
Pouzar rearranged various types of mushrooms, particularly the genus Bankera , including:
- Albatrellus caeruloporus ( Peck ) Pouzar
- Albatrellus confluens ( Alb. & Schwein .: Fr. ) Kotl. & Pouzar
- Albatrellus cristatus ( Pers .: Fr.) Pouzar & Kotl.
- Albatrellus ovinus ( Schaeff .: Fr.) Kotl. & Pouzar
- Boletopsis subsquamosa ( L .: Fr.) Kotl. & Pouzar
- Fomitopsis cajanderi ( P.Karst. ) Pouzar & Kotl.
- Fomitopsis roseus (Pig. & Alb.) Kotl. & Pouzar
- Megacollybia platyphylla (Pers.: Fr.) Kotl. & Pouzar
- Nolanea verna ( S.Lundell ) Pouzar & Kotl.
His work with the genus Albatrellus led to the publication of a world monograph of this group in 1976 , for which he obtained his doctorate in 1978 .
- Dr. Zdeněk Pouzar sexagenarian. In: Czech Mycology. Volume 47, No. 1. Prague 1993.
- This number of Czech Mycology is dedicated to František Kotlaba and Zdeněk Pouzar on the occasion of their 85th and 80th birthday, respectively. (PDF)
- František Kotlaba: To the 70th birthday of Zdeněk Pouzar. In: Czech Mycology. Volume 54, No. 1-2. Prague July 2002, ISSN 1211-0981 .
- ↑ Pouzar, Zdeněk, 1932. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on March 4, 2016 ; accessed on August 6, 2015 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ↑ Zdenek Pouzar (b.1932). In: Mushroom. The Journal of Wild Mushrooming. Retrieved August 4, 2015 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Czech mycologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 13, 1932|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Říčany|