Alexandra of Lithuania
Alexandra of Lithuania (* around 1360 in Vilnius , † April 20 or June 19, 1434 in Płońsk ) was a princess of Lithuania and a sister of King Władysław II Jagiełło of Poland .
Princess Alexandra was born as the daughter of Grand Duke Olgierd Alexander of Lithuania (~ 1296–1377) and Juliana Aleksandrovna Tverskaja (Uljana of Tver , ~ 1330– ~ 1392). On December 12, 1385, shortly after the Union of Krewo , Duke Ziemowit IV of Mazovia (~ 1350-1426) with Hedwig of Anjou (officially called "King" of Poland) with her future husband Władysław II Jagiełło agreed, none To lay claim to the Kingdom of Poland. For this he received 10,000 Prague groschen as compensation and the Duchy of Belz as a fief . This pact was sealed by Ziemowit's marriage to Alexandra in 1387.
Alexandra had 12 children with him.
- Ziemowit V. von Mazowien (~ 1389 / 1390–1442) ∞ Margarethe von Schlesien- Troppau - Jägerndorf (1410–1459, daughter of Johann II. Von Troppau , widow of Casimir I. von Teschen )
- Władysław I. von Płock (~ 1395 / 1411–1455) ∞ Anna von Schlesien-Oels (daughter of Konrad von Oels and Wohlau)
- Casimir II of Bels or of Płock and Kujawien (1396 / 1407–1442) ∞ Margareta Szamotuły († 1464, later wife of Wenceslaus of Silesia-Troppau )
- Alexander of Mazovia (1400–1444), Prince-Bishop of Trento
- Trojden II. (1403 / 1406-1427)
- Cimburgis of Mazovia (~ 1394–1429) ∞ Ernst of Austria (1377–1424)
- Eufemia of Mazovia (~ 1395–1447) ∞ Boleslaw of Silesia-Teschen (~ 1363–1431)
- Jadwiga of Mazovia (1393– after 1439) ∞ János Garai († 1428, also Johann von Garay)
- Amelia of Mazovia (1396 / 99– after 1424) ∞ Wilhelm II of Meissen (1371–1425)
- Anna of Mazovia (1407 / 1413–1435) ∞ Michael Žygimantaitis also Michael Boleslaw of Lithuania (before 1406–1452, as his first wife)
- Mary of Mazovia (~ 1410–1450) ∞ Bogislaw of Pomerania (~ 1407 / 1410–1446)
- Catherine of Mazovia († 1475) ∞ Michael Žygimantaitis also Michael Bolesław of Lithuania (before 1406-1452, as his third wife)
Her siblings include Kenna (Johanna) of Lithuania († 1368, later wife of Casimir IV of Pomerania ) and Jogaila of Lithuania (later King Władysław II Jagiełło)
- Alexandra van Lithuania on boangiu.de
- Alexandra of Lithuania on genealogy.euweb.cz
- Alexandra von Lithuania on worldhistory.de
- ↑ Juozas Tumelis: Visuotinė Lietuviu̜ enciklopedija 1 A – Ar. Vilnius 2001, p. 306, ISBN 5-420-01485-8 . (Lithuanian)
- ↑ Alexandra, Princess of * Lithuania ( memento from January 9, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) on liko-kralik.at (different year of birth 1368 and date of death April 20, 1434).
- ^ Daniel Stone: The Polish-Lithuanian state, 1386-1795. University of Washington Press, Seattle / London 2001, ISBN 0-295-98093-1 .
- ↑ ZIEMOWIT of Mazovia on fmg.ac, accessed on September 2, 2013. (Data on the children, English).
|SURNAME||Alexandra of Lithuania|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Princess of Lithuania, Duchess of Mazovia|
|DATE OF BIRTH||around 1360|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Vilnius|
|DATE OF DEATH||April 20, 1434 or June 19, 1434|
|Place of death||Płońsk|