Andrea Maria Erba
Andrea Maria Erba B (born January 1, 1930 in Biassono , Monza and Brianza Province , Lombardy ; † May 21, 2016 in Velletri , Latium ) was an Italian clergyman and Roman Catholic bishop of Velletri-Segni .
Andrea Maria Erba entered the Small Seminary in Cremona run by the Barnabite Order in October 1942, during the war days of the Second World War . In 1944 he had to move to Lodi , shortly afterwards back to Cremona. On June 23, 1947, he joined the Barnabite religious order. After his theological training in Florence and Rome, he made his profession on October 7, 1954 . On March 17, 1956 he was ordained a priest by Carlo Confalonieri . After various tasks in his order in Florence , Lodi and Milan , he became Chancellor General of the Barnabites in 1967 and also professor of theology at the Pontifical Urban University in Rome . He was also Assistant to the General (1971–1982) and Procurator General (1976–1982) in Rome. In 1982 he became pastor of the Roman titular church of San Carlo ai Catinari .
Pope John Paul II appointed him bishop of the suburbicarian diocese of Velletri-Segni on December 19, 1988 . The Pope personally donated him episcopal ordination on January 6, 1989 ; Co-consecrators were Edward Idris Cassidy , Curia Bishop of the State Secretariat and José Tomás Sánchez , Secretary of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples . He was president of the Caritas regional conference in the diocese of Velletri-Segni and vice-president of the Conferenza Episcopale Laziale .
On January 28, 2006, his age-related resignation from Pope Benedict XVI. granted. He was a member of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints until he was 80 . Erba lived in Rome in the General House of the Barnabites and in Velletri in the Alban Hills . He was an honorary citizen of Velletri.
He was Commendatore (Komtur) of the Order of Constantine .
When Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger , Cardinal Bishop of Velletri-Segni, became Pope with the name Benedict XVI. was elected, he insisted that Bishop Erba be the first bishop to kiss the Pope's ring.
- Antologia degli Scritti , Vol 1, EDIVI, 2006, ISBN 978-88-89231-48-7
- together with Pier Luigi Guiducci: La Chiesa nella storia. Duemila anni di cristianesimo , Elledici, Turin 2008
- L'Angelica Paola Antonia Negri , Editrice del Verbo Incarnato, 2008
- Antologia degli Scritti , Vol 2, EDIVI, 2009, ISBN 978-88-89231-24-1
- Entry on Andrea Maria Erba on catholic-hierarchy.org ; accessed on May 22, 2016.
- Entry by Andrea Maria Erba on vicariatusurbis.org , accessed on May 22, 2016 (Italian)
- ↑ Lutto nella Diocesi di Velletri: a 86 anni muore il Vescovo Emerito Andrea Maria Erba on castellinotizie.it , May 22, 2016
- ^ "L'Ordine Costantiniano e l'Episcopato cattolico" , Order of Constantine , viewed on May 22, 2016
Bishop of Velletri-Segni
|SURNAME||Erba, Andrea Maria|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Erba, Andrea|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Italian clergyman, Bishop of Velletri-Segni|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 1, 1930|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Biassono , Monza and Brianza Province , Lombardy|
|DATE OF DEATH||May 21, 2016|
|Place of death||Velletri , Lazio|