He is a great-grandson of Queen Elisabeth II and her Prince Consort Prince Philip and thus comes from the House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg , the former royal house of Greece and the ruling house of Denmark, a branch line of the House of Oldenburg, in addition to the Windsor family .
Since his mother is US-American, he has both British and US citizenship .
On October 15, 2018, Kensington Palace announced the Duchess of Sussex's pregnancy. On the afternoon of May 6, 2019, Buckingham Palace announced that she had given birth to a healthy son. The birth took place at Portland Hospital in the City of Westminster . The name was announced two days later. Although it is very unlikely that he will ever have a significant role in the line of succession , due to the popularity of the parents, the pregnancy and especially the birth and the days after it were a mass media event, both internationally and in serious media such as news formats the ARD was reported. On May 8th, the name of the child was announced in the evening news . On July 6, 2019, Archie was baptized in close family circles at Windsor Castle .
Title and line of succession
According to the current Letters Patents , the child will neither bear the prince title nor the predicate title His Royal Highness . Both are only available to the children of the monarch, the children of the monarch's sons and the children of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales . According to the existing regulations, he would only become prince with the accession to the throne by Prince Charles, then as the man's grandson of the monarch. As the Heir Apparent of the Duke of Sussex, however, he was entitled to the courtesy title of Earl of Dumbarton from birth . However, the parents made it clear that they wanted to refrain from using the title of graph for their son. The salutation is therefore "Master Archie Mountbatten-Windsor". Master is a polite form of address for boys in upscale British English.
|Pedigree of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor|
Albert Spencer, 7th Earl Spencer
Maurice Roche, 4th Baron Fermoy
Isaac Thomas Markle
Frederick George Sanders
Steven R. Ragland
Gordon Arnold Markle
Alvin Azell Ragland
Thomas Markle (* 1944)
|Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor (* 2019)|
Baby Sussex Effect
The Baby Sussex Effect is a global campaign in the UK that raised £ 22,000 for charities supported by the Duke and Dukes using the hashtag #GlobalSussexBabyShower . The couple later also officially asked to refrain from giving gifts and instead donate to the organizations.
- It's a boy - Meghan and Harry's baby is here , welt.de, May 6, 2019.
- BBC News : Royal baby: All you need to know about the birth of Harry and Meghan's child , May 6, 2019
- Meghan expecting royal baby next spring. bbc.com, October 15, 2018.
- Royal baby: Meghan gives birth to boy, Harry announces. bbc.com, May 6, 2019.
- Evening Standard : Archie's birth certificate reveals Duchess of Sussex gave birth at Portland Hospital in Westminster , May 17, 2019
- And the name is: Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor. welt.de, May 8, 2018
- Video in the ARD media library, broadcast by the 8:00 p.m. Tagesschau on May 8, 2019 (accessed on May 10, 2019.)
- The London Gazette : No. 60384, p. 213 , Jan. 8, 2013.
- The London Gazette : No. 30428, p. 13086 , December 14, 1917.
- Royal baby: Duke and Duchess of Sussex name son Archie. bbc.com, May 8, 2019.
- Leslie Dunkling: A Dictionary of Epithets and Terms of Address , Routledge, London, 1990, entry " First Name, Master "
- Like the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, this is how you too can have a 'woke' baby shower. telegraph.co.uk, April 5, 2019.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle respond to fans' global baby shower. today.com, April 5, 2019.
|Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex||
|Prince Andrew, Duke of York|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Mountbatten-Windsor, Archie Harrison; Baby sussex|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||British nobleman, son of Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 6, 2019|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||London|