George of Cambridge
HRH Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge (born July 22, 2013 in London ) is the first child of Prince William and his wife Catherine . As the great-grandson of Queen Elisabeth II and Prince Philip , he belongs to the House of Windsor and the House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg .
|British royal family|
On October 23, 2013 he was baptized by the Archbishop of Canterbury in the immediate family at the Chapel Royal in St James's Palace . His godparents are Zara Tindall , William van Cutsem, Hugh Grosvenor, 7th Duke of Westminster , Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, Julia Samuel, Oliver Baker and Emilia Jardine-Paterson. He is the older brother of Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis .
In April 2014, his parents took him on a trip abroad to Australia and New Zealand for the first time. In general, the visit was associated with the increasing popularity of the English royal family, which is the head of state in both countries.
From January 2016 to September 2017 George attended Westacre Montessori School Kindergarten in Norfolk. Since September 7, 2017 he has been attending St. Thomas' School in Battersea, in south-west London.
Even before the heir to the throne was born, it was expected to generate sales of £ 260 million (mainly through tourism, souvenir sales and birth-related festivities) . In response to the growing public interest, on June 28, 2013 the Museum of London opened an exhibition devoted to royal children's clothing. Already weeks before the birth, journalists from all over the world gathered in front of the hospital where the child was expected to be born.
The Washington Post described him as the most famous baby world ( English the world's most famous baby ). He was often referred to as the Royal Baby or Baby Cambridge in the media before his name was announced.
Title and line of succession
On December 31, 2012, Queen Elizabeth II issued a letters patent that all future children of Prince William receive the title and salutation Royal Highness , not just the eldest son, as was customary until then.
Officially, George is dubbed His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge . He is third in line to the British throne . In front of George are his grandfather Charles and his father William, followed by his younger sister Charlotte and his younger brother Louis .
|Pedigree of Prince George of Cambridge|
Albert Spencer, 7th Earl Spencer
Maurice Roche, 4th Baron Fermoy
Richard Noel Middleton
Michael Middleton (* 1949)
|Prince George of Cambridge (* 2013)|
- Prince George Alexander Louis: Kate and William reveal royal baby's name on guardian.co.uk v. July 24, 2013.
- The little prince is here. Tagesspiegel, accessed on July 25, 2013 .
- Announcement about fitting out and moving
- princeofwales.gov.uk ( Memento from October 24, 2013 in the Internet Archive )
- Alexander Hofmann: Baby George scores for the great-grandmother. In: FAZ.net . April 24, 2014, accessed January 7, 2017 .
- Prince George: Kindergarten premiere in the quilted jacket. In: Spiegel Online . January 6, 2016, accessed January 7, 2017 .
- Sarah Rainey: Duchess of Cambridge: The world is going wild for the royal baby , The Telegraph. June 27, 2013. Retrieved June 28, 2013.
- Royal baby fever at the Museum of London . In: Evening Standard . June 28, 2013. Retrieved June 28, 2013.
- Royal Baby: Heavily pregnant Duchess Catherine in the hospital. Spiegel Online , 2013, accessed July 22, 2013 .
- Baby Cambridge Fundraiser. (No longer available online.) Babycambridge.net, 2013, archived from the original on August 8, 2013 ; accessed on July 22, 2013 (English). Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- London Gazette . No. 60384, HMSO, London, January 8, 2013, p. 213 ( PDF , English).
- Royal baby girl 'would be princess' , BBC News. January 9, 2013. Retrieved July 6, 2013.
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge name their baby. (No longer available online.) Www.dukeandduchessofcambridge.org, July 24, 2013, archived from the original on March 29, 2016 ; Retrieved July 26, 2013 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- William and Kate 'don't know' royal baby's sex . In: BBC News . BBC. June 19, 2013. Retrieved June 27, 2013.
|SURNAME||George of Cambridge|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Mountbatten-Windsor, George Alexander Louis (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||British nobleman, son of William, Duke of Cambridge and his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge|
|DATE OF BIRTH||22. July 2013|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||London|