Princess Eugenie was born on March 23, 1990 at Portland Hospital, London. It was named after the British princess and later Queen of Spain Victoria Eugénie von Battenberg . She was baptized in Sandringham on December 23, 1990 by the Bishop of Norwich. Her godparents were James Ogilvy , Captain Alastair Ross, Sue Ferguson (her step-grandmother), Julia Dodd-Noble and Louise Blacker.
After two different kindergartens, Princess Eugenie attended Coworth Park School , Surrey , from 1995 to 2001 . From 2001 to 2003 she was a day pupil at St George's School , Windsor . During school she lived with her father at the Royal Lodge on the grounds of Windsor Castle . Her mother lived in a neighboring building. In 2002 she had to have an operation for scoliosis . From 2003 to 2008 she attended Marlborough College boarding school . In the summer of 2007 she successfully completed her “AS level” there with three A grade and one B grade in the subjects of politics, art history, art and English. In summer 2008 the final school leaving certificate was the “A-Level” with grade A in art and English literature and grade B in art history. She describes herself as “more of a worker than a clever person”. After graduating from school, the princess took a year off. During this break, she traveled through Asia and Kenya.
|British royal family|
In 2012, Princess Eugenie successfully completed her studies in English literature, art history and politics at Newcastle University, which she began in September 2009 . At first, Eugenie had been turned down by Newcastle University because her application to study English literature had been deemed inadequate. However, when it was discovered who she was, she was offered a place at university.
Princess Eugenie has been a director at Galerie Hauser und Wirth in London since 2015 .
Between 2009 and 2010 she was in a relationship with Otto Brockway, a nephew of Richard Branson . The entrepreneur Jack Brooksbank (* 1986) has been the man at her side since 2010 . In his family, the title of baronet has been passed on to the eldest son or his closest male relative since 1919 . Since 1983 a cousin of his father's has been the title holder, Sir Edward Nicholas Brooksbank, 3rd Baronet (* 1944). In January 2018, the couple announced their engagement. The wedding took place on October 12, 2018 at St George's Chapel within Windsor Castle. Her official title has since been HRH Princess Eugenie Victoria Helena, Mrs. Brooksbank . She gave up the addition of York at the wedding. Since she and her husband are descendants of Thomas William Coke, 2nd Earl of Leicester (1822-1909), they are related by blood. Eugenie's mother is a great-granddaughter of Mervyn Wingfield, 8th Viscount Powerscourt , whose mother, Lady Julia Coke, was a daughter of Jack's great-great-grandfather Earl Thomas Coke, son of Thomas William Coke, 1st Earl of Leicester .
Official duties and interests
Princess Eugenie takes part in public appearances by the royal family, such as Trooping the Color . Together with her parents, she supports charitable projects. In November 2008 she accompanied her father, Prince Andrew, on an official trip to Asia.
The princess is very interested in sports; she rides and skis. Otherwise she is interested in music.
Orders and decorations
|year||Country||Orders / decorations||class|
|2002||United Kingdom||Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Medal|
|2012||United Kingdom||Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal|
- Princess Eugenie website of the Duke of York
- Eugenie Mountbatten-Windsor , englishmonarchs.co.uk
- Covergirl Eugenie all grown up as her 18th birthday approaches . Interview in Hello !, March 4, 2008 (English).
- A-level joy for WAGs and royalty . Mail Online , August 16, 2007, accessed October 27, 2016 (English).
- Exam result triumph for high-acheiving Princess Eugenie . Hello !, August 15, 2008, accessed October 27, 2016.
Princess Eugenie 'shaken' after narrowly escaping Mumbai terror . Hello !, December 1, 2008, accessed October 27, 2016.
Fergies Eugenie: The Princess and the Assault . Spiegel Online , May 4, 2009, accessed October 27, 2016.
- After traveling around the world, now is studying. dpa article in Gala , July 18, 2009, archived from the original on December 4, 2010 ; accessed on October 27, 2016 .
- Princess Eugenie. Website de Duke of York, accessed October 27, 2016 .
- Princess Eugenie 'was rejected by university and only given a place when they realized she was royal' . The Telegraph, July 17, 2017, accessed July 19, 2017.
- Princess Eugenie settling into Paddle8 job as 'Benefit Auctions Manager' . Royal Central, October 16, 2013, accessed October 27, 2016.
Princess Eugenie: In love with Richard Branson's nephew . Gala , February 5, 2010, accessed October 27, 2016.
Princess Eugenie: Free and Unbound . Gala, April 7, 2010, accessed October 27, 2016.
- Katy Winter: Royal dating deja vu? Princess Eugenie's man is the image of father Prince Andrew as the couple join Pippa for a night on the tiles . Mail Online , May 22nd August 2013, accessed on October 27th, 2016.
- The Peerage: Jack Christopher Stamp Brooksbank (Retrieved April 14, 2019.)
- Princess Eugenie is engaged to long-term boyfriend Jack Brooksbank . ( hellomagazine.com [accessed January 22, 2018]).
- The wedding date has been set . Gala , February 2, 2018, accessed May 2, 2018
- The Peerage: Mervyn Richard Wingfield, 8th Viscount of Powerscourt . (Retrieved April 13, 2019.)
- "Burke's Peerage and Baronetage 107th Edition (2001)". Burke's Peerage. 2001. p. 528. Brooksbank (Baronetcy - Creation: Bt. (UK) 15 September 1919)
- Eugenie opens cancer ward for teens on first royal engagement . Hello !, October 24, 2008, accessed October 27, 2016.
Eugenie gets introduction to royal duties abroad from dad Andrew . Hello !, October 28, 2008, accessed October 27, 2016.
Princess Eugenie visits Chinese earthquake zone . ( Memento of the original from May 14, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Hello !, November 4, 2008, accessed October 27, 2016.
|Beatrice of York||
|Edward, Earl of Wessex|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||York, Eugenie of; Mountbatten-Windsor, Eugenie Victoria Helena|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||british princess|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 23, 1990|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||London|