Bechtold von Bernstorff
Bechtold von Bernstorff came from the Mecklenburg nobility of the von Bernstorffs with the parent company of the same name in Bernstorf, southwest of Grevesmühlen in what is now the district of Northwest Mecklenburg .
Bernstorff's parents were the Prussian chamberlain and legation councilor Ernst Graf Bernstorff (1768-1840) and his wife, Baron America Riedesel zu Eisenbach (1780-1856), a daughter of General Friedrich Adolf Riedesel . The father owned the Gartow estates in the Kingdom of Hanover and Wedendorf in Mecklenburg. Bernstorff received private lessons and attended the University of Berlin from 1824 and the University of Göttingen in 1826/27 . He was a landowner and a member of the Lüneburg Landscape College. Later he was the district administrator in Hanover and then until 1866 Privy Councilor and voice of the Hanoverian First Chamber. Between 1877 and his death he was a member of the German Reichstag for the German-Hanover Party and as a guest at the center and for the constituency of the Province of Hanover 15 ( Uelzen , Gartow). Bernstorff was an honorary knight of the Order of St. John .
Bechtold von Bernstorff married on December 6, 1828 in Lauterbach / Hessen Thekla Freiin von Bibra a. d. H. Irmelshausen (1810–1884), daughter of the Hessian Landjägermeister and real privy councilor Christian Ernst Heinrich von Bibra . The family had eleven children (5 sons, 6 daughters):
- Georg Christian Ernst (1829-1891)
- Anna Luise Friederike Hedwig (1832-1859)
- Christian Joachim Hugo (1834–1901)
- Marie (1837-1912)
- Luise Hedwig Auguste (1838-1916)
- Elisabeth Sophie Auguste (1840–1902)
- Berthold Hartwig (1842–1917)
- Emma Frieda Clementine Karoline (1844–1909)
- Christian Albrecht Wilhelm (1846–1886)
- Eberhard (1848–1933)
- Eleonore Anna Marie Luise (1855–1940)
Bechtold von Bernstorff grew up next to three siblings:
- Luise Friederike Hedwig (1802-1859), married to Joachim von Brandenstein (1790-1857), Prussian major general and Chamberlain from Mecklenburg-Schwerin
- Auguste Wilhelmine Hedwig (1805-1883), married to the Privy Councilor Eduard Freiherr von Müffling called Weiss (1801-1887) in Ringhofen, the son of Field Marshal Karl von Müffling called Weiss .
- Arthur von Bernstorff (1808–1897), Prussian administrative officer and Mecklenburg district administrator.
- Wilhelm Rothert (Ed.): General Hanoverian biography. Volume 1, Sponholtz, Hanover 1912
- Genealogical paperback of the count's houses. 70th year, Justus Perthes, Gotha 1897, pp. 112–120
- Count Bernstorff, Bechtold in the database of members of the Reichstag
- Biography of Bechthold Graf-Comte Bernstorff . In: Heinrich Best : database of the members of the Reichstag of the Empire 1867/71 to 1918 (Biorab - Kaiserreich)
- Genealogy website of the von Bernstorff family
- Bechtold Christian August Graf von Bernstorff in Kaestner & von Urach's Genealogical Aristocratic Database
- Fritz Specht, Paul Schwabe: The Reichstag elections from 1867 to 1903. Statistics of the Reichstag elections together with the programs of the parties and a list of the elected representatives. 2nd Edition. Carl Heymann Verlag, Berlin 1904, p. 128.
- Thekla von Bibra (Caroline Wilhelmine Dorothee Thekla von Bibra), baron at Worldhistory - people of world history
- Bechtold Christian August von Bernstorff (Bechtold von Bernstorff), count at Worldhistory - people of world history
- Genealogical pocket book of the count's houses. 70th year, Justus Perthes, Gotha 1897, pp. 112–115
- Story in the book. Website of the Bernstorff Family Association, p. 218 ff.
|SURNAME||Bernstorff, Bechtold von|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Bernstorff, Bechtold Christian August Graf von (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German district administrator, landowner and politician, MdR|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 25, 1803|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin|
|DATE OF DEATH||June 25, 1890|
|Place of death||Gartow|