After training as a sculptor , she studied philosophy and literature from 1980 to 1982 at the seminar for language and acting in Salem . From 1982 to 1986 she studied at the University of the Arts in Berlin at the Max Reinhardt Seminar , which she completed with a diploma in the performing arts .
Bettina Fless began her professional career from 1986 to 1988 at the Stadttheater Gießen . She then moved to the Nationaltheater Mannheim as an actress in 1988 . From 1992 to 1995 she was an actress, author and director at the Schauspielhaus Bochum .
Bettina Fless died after a short, serious illness while directing her own dramatization of the novel Do you love Brahms? by Françoise Sagan . She found her final resting place in the Dorotheenstadt cemetery in Berlin.
Prizes and awards
- 1991 Dr. Otto Kasten Prize for her play in Memmingen
- 1991 Dramatikerwerkstipendium of the literary fund Darmstadt for asylum at the Bavarian State Theater in Munich and at the Schauspielhaus Bochum
- 1992 Promotion Prize of the City of Nuremberg for Women in the Theater
- Memmingen , a play (1989)
- Asylum in the first world , a tragic comedy (1993)
- Die Schlucht , a homage to Heiner Müller based on The War Has No Female Face by Swetlana Alexejewitsch (1996)
- Ovid , libretto (1998)
- Melissa , drama (2001)
- Talk bei Kirsche , media-bulimic farce (2002)
- Two hours, a political silence (2005)
- Wein & Eisen , a Politolett, together with Herbert Koppenstein (2006)
- Do you love Brahms? , Adaptation for the theater based on the novel by Françoise Sagan (2007)
- 1989 Blood on the Cat's Neck by Rainer Werner Fassbinder , Triebtheater, Ludwigshafen am Rhein
- 1989 Memmingen , Studio Werkhaus, Nationaltheater Mannheim
- 1991 Memmingen , WLT Castrop-Rauxel, "Akzente", theater festival
- 1993 Asylum in the first world , Schauspielhaus Bochum
- 1995 The Famous by Thomas Bernhard , Schauspielhaus Bochum
- 1996 Minna von Barnhelm by Gotthold Ephraim Lessing, Bremen Theater
- 2006 Homage to Mikis Theodorakis with Kostas Papanastasiou a . a.
- 2006 Wein & Eisen , a politolet
- 2007 Do you love Brahms? , Landgraf touring theater with Renan Demirkan , Stefan Reck a. a.
- Kallin, Britta: The Presentation of Racism in Contemporary German and Austrian Theater: Six Women Playwrights . 2007, ISBN 978-0-7734-5499-6 .
- Helga Kraft, Staging Xenophobia in the 1990s. The Political Plays of Bettina Fless, Anne Langhoff and Emine Sevgi Özdamar , in: Writing Against Boundaries, ed. Die H. Kosta, 2003.
- Frank Hörnigk (Ed.): Piece work, German-language drama of the 90s, workbook 12, ISBN 3-934344-12-7
- Helga Kraft, A House of Language, Dramatists and the Other Theater , Stuttgart, Weimar, 1993, ISBN 3-476-01279-4
- Helga Kraft, Mimensis undermined - Drama and theater by women , in: Hiltrud Gnüg / Renate Möhrmann (ed.), Women, Literature, History , ISBN 3-518-39947-0
- Dieter Ingenschay / G. Knierim, "A piece of time under the sign of female drama - Bettina Fless' Memmingen staged by the author at the Westphalian State Theater", in Günter Ahrends , Heinz Geiger, Dieter Ingenschay, Uwe K. Ketelsen, Heinrich F. Plett, (eds.): Theater im Revier: Critical Documentation Spielzeit 1991/92, ISBN 3-88476-051-3 , (1992), pp. 295-306
- Literature by and about Bettina Fless in the catalog of the German National Library
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German author, lecturer, actress and theater director|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1961|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Unna , North Rhine-Westphalia , Federal Republic of Germany|
|DATE OF DEATH||April 13, 2007|
|Place of death||Fulda , Hessen , Federal Republic of Germany|