Christoph Biemann (born August 6, 1952 in Ludwigslust ) is a German author , director and actor . Alongside Armin Maiwald and Ralph Caspers, he is one of the moderators of the show with the mouse and one of the experts on the quiz show Ask the mouse .
Biemann passed his Abitur at the Andreanum grammar school in Hildesheim . After studying at the HFF Munich , he worked as a freelance director for WDR children's television. Initially only working as a director of the mouse , he was first seen on the screen in 1982. Since then it has become an integral part of the show. You can recognize him by his schnauzer and the turquoise-green sweatshirt, which he wears as a trademark during public appearances.
In contrast to Armin Maiwald , Biemann tries in his films to interest children in the topics of the program through comedy. His character Christoph in the feature films depicts a clumsy middle-aged man whose unsuccessful actions are commented on by a woman's voice ( Evi Seibert or Elke Heidenreich ). For example, Christopher ate a broom with mustard or tried different ways to cross a river, getting wet every time. At first Christoph never spoke in the factual stories . He only had a say in the special programs. Since 2009 he has also been commenting on his contributions himself.
With his production company Delta TV , he has been producing non-fiction stories for the show with the mouse since 1989 .
He is the patron of the Federal Association for Children with Heart Disease , the SOS Children's Village Foundation and, since May 2010, the official sponsor of the Bethel Children's Hospice for dying children.
Since 2002 he has been teaching the mouse principle every two years at the Federal Academy for Cultural Education in Wolfenbüttel : the art of simply explaining .
Christoph Biemann lives in Cologne. He is married and has two children.
Biemann has received several prizes for his services, including the Federal Cross of Merit in 1995 . In 2019, the Prime Minister of North Rhine-Westphalia awarded him the Order of Merit of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia .
- Christoph's experiments. Hanser Verlag , Munich 2003, ISBN 3-446-20339-7
- With 100 things through the kitchen. What boys like to eat and like to cook. Hanser Verlag, Munich 2005, ISBN 978-3-446-20609-0
- Christoph's book of discoveries. Hanser Verlag, Munich 2010, ISBN 978-3-446-23584-7
- Literature by and about Christoph Biemann in the catalog of the German National Library
- Biemann's website
- Interview with Christoph Biemann on www.die-blaue-Seite.de
- Interview with Christoph Biemann
- Another interview with Christoph Biemann about the creation of the show with the mouse ( memento from February 20, 2006 in the Internet Archive )
- Dany Schrader, Kristian Teetz / RND: Why should children still read books, Christoph Biemann? (Interview). Leipziger Volkszeitung , online portal, September 9, 2019. Accessed September 9, 2019 .
- Christoph Biemann in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- This is Christoph - he doesn't know everything either. In: josephinum-hildesheim.de. March 18, 2013, accessed December 8, 2019 .
- bvhk.de: Our patron: Christoph from the show with the mouse
- SOS Children's Village Foundation website
- Children's hospice Bethel - Christoph Biemann
- Principle of the mouse
- Interview with Christoph: Alfred Biolek and Christoph ( Memento from August 20, 2014 in the Internet Archive )
- Award of the Stateof Merit. State Chancellery of North Rhine-Westphalia, May 14, 2019, accessed on May 15, 2019 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German author, director and television presenter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 6, 1952|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Ludwigslust , Schwerin district|