Eduard Lürssen studied sculpture at the Berlin Art Academy as a student of Hermann Heidel and Hermann Schievelbein . He later taught decorative sculpture himself as a professor at the Berlin Building Academy . Ludwig Brunow and Eugen Boermel were among his students there .
Eduard Lürssen put an end to his life himself and was buried in Cemetery I of the Jerusalem and New Church Congregation. The grave of the married couple Marie and Eduard Lürssen still exists. The portrait medallion of the two was created by Carl Lürssen.
- Figure group "Gewerbefleiß" on the Belle Alliance Bridge in Berlin-Kreuzberg (lost)
- Plastic jewelry of the Kaiser Wilhelm Bridge in Berlin-Mitte (lost)
- Bronze statue of the Great Elector on the facade of the police headquarters in Berlin (probably destroyed)
- Prince Heinrich Fountain in Kiel (only the figure of Kilia has been preserved and has been installed in Dänische Strasse since 1977)
- Portrait bust of Gustav Harkort in the main train station in Leipzig
- Baptism angel in the chapel Sophienhof near Preetz
- Bust of Jacob Grimm (preserved)
- Bust of Wilhelm Grimm (preserved)
- Bust of Friedrich Gabriel Muhlius in Kiel (preserved)
- Fountain with Borussia, today in the garden of Villa Wildt, Am Sandwerder 1 in Berlin-Wannsee (restored in 2009 by the sculptor Hans Starcke, Spandau)
- Monument to Hermann Steudner in Görlitz (bust destroyed)
- Cenotaphs with reclining figures of the siblings Count Stanislaus Dönhoff (1795–1816) and Countess Angelika zu Dohna, née. Countess Dönhoff (1794–1866), 1889 (dated and signed) for the memorial chapel in Dönhoffstädt Castle in East Prussia (preserved)
- Marble relief of Eduard Bonnell on his grave in the French cemetery in Berlin (1878)
- Mathilde Ramm's tomb in the Georgenfriedhof Berlin (1878)
- Grave relief of Prof. Theodor Haarbrücker († 1880) in the Old Luisenstadt Cemetery in Berlin (1881)
- 1879: Fanny Hitzig born. Reiss, cast bronze on one side, 91 mm
- 1877: Richard Lucae (architect), cast bronze on one side, 104 mm
- 1878: Karl Müllenhoff (Germanist in Kiel and Berlin), one-sided bronze casting, 87 mm
- 1880: Friedrich Wöhler (chemist), bronze casting, 100 mm
- 1885: Carl Weierstrass (mathematician), bronze, on his 70th birthday
- Lürssen, Eduard . In: Hans Vollmer (Hrsg.): General lexicon of fine artists from antiquity to the present . Founded by Ulrich Thieme and Felix Becker . tape 23 : Leitenstorfer – Mander . EA Seemann, Leipzig 1929, p. 450 .
- Ulrich Schulte-Wülwer : Kiel artist. Volume 2: Artistic Life in the Imperial Era, 1871–1918. Boyens, Heide 2016, ISBN 978-3-8042-1442-2 , pp. 146-163.
- Short biography of Eduard Lürssen on historismus.net
- Kiel Memorial Day: January 27, 1888: A wedding present for Prince Heinrich and Princess Irene: the Kiliabrunnen ( memento from September 18, 2014 in the Internet Archive ), accessed on September 28, 2014.
- Anniversary exhibition of the Kgl. Academy of Arts in the state exhibition building in Berlin . Berliner Verlags-Comtoir, Berlin 1886, p. 270 ( Textarchiv - Internet Archive - Medal and Bust (1874)).
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Lürssen, Eduard August (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German sculptor and medalist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 11, 1840|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Kiel|
|DATE OF DEATH||February 18, 1891|
|Place of death||Berlin|