She was the daughter of the poet couple Julius Schanz and Pauline Schanz . After taking the state examination in Dresden, Frida Schanz became a teacher in Bohemia . She traveled to Odessa and Venice , among others . In 1885 she married the writer Ludwig Soyaux (1846–1905) in Leipzig , who was also editor of the magazine Daheim . She was active as a writer since the marriage.
From 1891 she lived in Berlin . In 1895, she and Clementine Helm began to publish the Almanac Young Girls . Since Helm died the following year, Schanz continued the project alone until 1904. Until 1905 she also published the yearbook Kinderlust . After the death of her husband in 1905, she worked in the editorial office of Daheim and as an editor for Velhagen and Klasings monthly magazines . Her work includes children's literature, short stories, fairy tales, short stories, poems and memoirs ( Fridel , 1920).
- Frida Schanz book . New fairy tales, stories, poems. (no year)
- Our house happiness , 1885 (co-author)
- In the ceremony . Stories for girls aged 8 to 12. With 4 color prints after watercolors by Paul Wagner . Weise, Stuttgart 1886. 143 pp.
- With satchel and stick . A boarding and travel story. With 12 large colored pictures. Abel, Leipzig 1887. 124 p. (2nd edition 1888, 3rd edition 1889)
- New golden picture book , 1887 (co-author)
- Frida Soyaux: Light . A fairy tale poem. Roth, Giessen 1888. 49 pp.
- Prinzenreise , 1888 (co-author)
- Poems , 1888
- Little people from then and now , 1888
- (Ed.): 101 new fables . With original contributions by ... With 82 pen and ink drawings and sound images by Fedor Flinzer . Abel, Leipzig 1888. IV, 124 pp. (2nd edition 1889)
- The trip with Santa Claus . Story, 1889
- Rays of light . Poems, 1889
- Twelve children's stories . With 6 color prints after watercolors by Carl Offterdinger . Loewe, Stuttgart - Leipzig 1889. 68 pp.
- Home Stars . Image and rhyme from the child's home. With poems and illustrations by AH Plinke. Meißner & Buch , Leipzig 1889. 40 pp.
- Young Japan playing , with text and description, 1889
- Johanna von Sydow (Hrsg.): The small favorite book . With contributions by Pauline and Frida Schanz, W. Gleim and Anna Hillmar . With 149 illustr. Deutsche Verlags - Anstalt, Stuttgart 1890. VIII, 154 pp.
- (Ed.): Songs of Life . Selected poems and sayings by German poets. Illustrated by Wilhelm Claudius . Cavael, Leipzig (approx. 1890). 168 pp.
- About life and love . Short stories and pictures, 1890
- On the holy night . Songs, fairy tales and stories. With original drawings by AH Pinke, M. Michael and R. Löes. Elischer, Leipzig 1890. 103 pp.
- Flowers and fruits. Stories for Girls , 1890
- The Komtesschen and other short stories for the young , 1891
- Filigree . Novellas in verse. Velhagen & Klasing, Bielefeld & Leipzig 1892. 3rd sheet, 174 pp., 1 sheet, 1 volume
- The Harz in pictures . A Harz hike (Ober - Harez). Poetry. With 20 folio images in photograph. Art print, recorded and executed by E. Mertens & Cie. in Berlin. B. Franke, Sangerhausen - Leipzig - Berlin 1892. 28 pp., 20 plates
- Rottraut and Ilse . Stories for young girls. With 6 sound pictures by Eugen Klimsch . Velhagen & Klasing, Bielefeld & Leipzig 1892. 249 p., 6 plates. 1 volume
- O you blissful fried fish time! Images and vignettes by René Reinicke . With accompanying seals by Frida Schanz. Titze, Leipzig 1892. 33, 8 undefined. Bl.
- Pictures from the Rhine . A trip on the Rhine from Lake Constance to Cologne. Seal by Frida Schanz. 25 folio images in photograph. Art print by E. Mertens. E. Mertens & Cie., Berlin 1893. 2 sheets, 31 p., 25 plates
- At the familiar hearth. Fairy tales and stories , 1893
- Colorful song. A collection of children's songs , 1895
- Harvest. New Proverbs , 1896
- The old. Story , 1896
- From the youth country. Sports. The pensioner. Two short stories for young girls , 1897
- Novellas in verse. , 1898
- Hochwald , 1908
- Poems. Complete edition. circa 1910
- The flaming tree. New German fairy tales. Illustrator: Hugo Steiner-Prague . Ullstein, Berlin 1916 online - Internet Archive
- Children's ballads . Oldenburg & Co., Leipzig 1918 online - Internet Archive
- Colorful leaves (short stories), 1925
- Come along! A black and happy picture book , 1925
- Beloved people , 1926
- Fire lily , undated
- Gisela Brinker-Gabler, Karola Ludwig, Angela Wöffen: Lexicon of German-speaking women writers 1800–1945. dtv Munich, 1986. ISBN 3-423-03282-0 . P. 265
- Literature by and about Frida Schanz in the catalog of the German National Library
- Works by and about Frida Schanz in the German Digital Library
- Works by Frida Schanz in the Gutenberg-DE project
- Frida Schanz in the Internet Archive
- Manfred Altner: Frida Schanz (1859-1944) . In: Institute for Saxon History and Folklore (Ed.): Saxon Biography .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Schanz, Frieda|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German author, editor and teacher|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 16, 1859|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Dresden|
|DATE OF DEATH||June 17, 1944|
|Place of death||Warmbrunn , Silesia|