Friedrich Bülau , later Friedrich von Bülau (born October 8, 1805 in Freiberg , † October 26, 1859 in Leipzig ) was a German writer , economist , historian , professor at the University of Leipzig and censor .
Bülau studied 1823 to 1826 at the University of Leipzig jurisprudence and began Easter 1828 there myself, lectures on Saxon State law to keep what he 1829 in the Faculty of Philosophy habilitated . In 1833 he became an associate professor and in 1836 a full professor.
From 1837 to 1844 he took care of the censorship of the periodical press, from 1838 to 1849 the editing of the New Yearbooks of History and Politics founded by the historian Karl Heinrich Ludwig Pölitz (1772-1838), and from Easter 1843 to June 1848 that of the Deutsche Allgemeine Zeitung and from 1851 to 1854 that of the official Leipziger Zeitung .
Since 1840 professor of political science , he stood on the side of the government during the constitutional turmoil of 1850 (see also: March Revolution (1848) and three-class suffrage (1850)). As a representative of Leipzig University, he was a member of the First Chamber of the Saxon State Parliament between 1851 and 1855 .
Of his numerous writings are to be emphasized:
- Encyclopedia of Political Science (Leipzig 1832, 2nd edition 1856)
- Handbuch der Staatswirtschaftslehre (Leipzig 1835)
- History of the European State System (Leipzig 1837–39, 3 volumes)
- General history of the years 1830–38 (as a continuation of Pölitz's "World History", Leipzig 1838)
- the history of Germany from 1806 to 1830, edited for the Army - Ukert 's historical work (Hamburg 1842)
- Secret stories and enigmatic people (Leipzig 1850–1860; 2nd edition, Leipzig 1863–1864, 12 volumes)
- Strange fortunes from four centuries. Vienna-Leipzig: Bernina, 1937
- Rotteck, Carl von: Illustrations for general world history. With explanatory texts by Friedrich Bülau. - Braunschweig: Westermann, 1841–1843. Digitized edition of the University and State Library Düsseldorf
In addition, he published several writings caused by the circumstances of the time, such as u. a.
- Time issues from politics and economics. Leipzig 1846
- Suffrage and electoral process. Leipzig 1849
and a translation of the history of England by Thomas Babington Macaulay (1800-1859) and the smaller writings of the same.
Appeared from his estate
- The Lutheran Clergy of Saxony from the 16th to the 18th Century (Leipzig 1874)
- On the characteristics of Friedrich Bülau’s . In: Illustrirte Zeitung . No. 7 . J. J. Weber, Leipzig August 12, 1843, p. 102-103 ( books.google.de ).
- Karl Theodor von Inama-Sternegg: Bülau, Friedrich v . In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Volume 3, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1876, p. 512 f.
- Literature by and about Friedrich Bülau in the catalog of the German National Library
- Friedrich Bülau in the Internet Archive
- Literature list in the online catalog of the Berlin State Library
- Works by Friedrich Bülau in the Gutenberg-DE project
- Friedrich Bülau in the professorial catalog of the University of Leipzig
- Overview of Friedrich Bülau's courses at the University of Leipzig (summer semester 1828 to winter semester 1859)
- ↑ Josef Matzerath : Aspects of Saxon State Parliament History - Presidents and Members of Parliament from 1833 to 1952. Saxon State Parliament 2001, p. 39
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Bülau, Friedrich von|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German writer, economist and historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 8, 1805|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Freiberg|
|DATE OF DEATH||October 26, 1859|
|Place of death||Leipzig|