Karl Heinrich Ludwig Pölitz
Karl Heinrich Ludwig Pölitz had been a private lecturer in philosophy in Leipzig since 1794 , and professor of morality and history at the cadet institute in Dresden since 1795 . In 1803 he became professor in Wittenberg and in 1815 professor at the University of Leipzig . In addition, he was a long time editor of the Leipzig literary newspaper founded in 1800 .
- A street in the Gohlis district of Leipzig was named after Pölitz: the former Turnerstrasse has been called Pölitzstrasse since 1900 .
- In Hohenstein-Ernstthal , a street in the Ernstthal district is also named after Pölitz.
- Semiramis. A romantic painting from prehistoric times (Freyberg 1800)
- Attempt of a system of the German style . Four parts (Görlitz 1800/1801)
- Elementary book of the most worth knowing and indispensable from the German language (Görlitz 1802)
- General German linguistics / logically and aesthetically justified, and accompanied by literary notes (Leipzig 1804)
- Early Christianity (Danzig 1804)
- Handbook of World History (Leipzig 1805, 3 vol .; 7th edition by Bülau and Zimmer, 1851–1853)
- The aesthetics for educated readers (Leipzig 1805)
- History, statistics and description of the earth of the Kingdom of Saxony and the Duchy of Warsaw for self-teaching and teaching for young people (Leipzig 1808 to 1810, 3 vol.)
- The state doctrine for thinking businessmen, chamberists and educated readers . Two parts (Leipzig 1808)
- The Rhine Confederation presented historically and statistically (Leipzig 1811)
- Handbook of the history of the sovereign states of the Rhine Confederation (first volume, Leipzig 1811)
- Franz Volkmar Reinhard after his life and work (Leipzig 1813/1815)
- The German people and empire. Shown for academic lectures (Leipzig 1816)
- History of the Kingdom of Saxony (Leipzig 1817)
- The language of the Germans. Philosophically and historically for academic lectures and for self-teaching (Leipzig 1820)
- The political sciences in the light of our time (Leipzig 1823, 5 vol .; new edition 1827)
The European constitutions since 1789 up to the most recent times (Leipzig 1817 to 1825, 4 vol .; 2nd ed. 1832–33, 3 vol .; vol. 4 von Bülau, 1847)
- 2nd edition, Volume 4, Part 1, Leipzig 1847 ( full text ).
- The total area of the German language according to prose, poetry and eloquence presented theoretically and practically . Third volume: Language of Poetry (Leipzig 1825) ( digitized and full text in the German text archive ).
- Ground plan for encyclopedic lectures on the entire political sciences (Leipzig 1825)
- Little world history . 6th edition (Leipzig 1829)
- The government of Friedrich August, King of Saxony (Leipzig 1830, 2 vol.)
- Constitutional life according to its forms and conditions (Leipzig 1831)
- Political science lectures for the educated classes in constitutional states . Three parts (Leipzig 1831–1833)
- Critical review of the latest literature in the entire field of political science . Two parts (Leipzig 1835)
- Austrian history (newly edited by Ottokar Lorenz , 3rd edition, Vienna 1877).
- Manfred Friedrich: New German Biography (NDB). Volume 20, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 2001, ISBN 3-428-00201-6 , p. 562 f. ( ). In:
- Mataja: Pölitz, Karl Heinrich . In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Volume 26, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1888, pp. 389-392.
- Pölitz, Karl Heinrich Ludwig . In: Meyers Konversations-Lexikon . 1905
- Literature by and about Karl Heinrich Ludwig Pölitz in the catalog of the German National Library
- Works by and about Karl Heinrich Ludwig Pölitz in the German Digital Library
- Overview of Karl Heinrich Ludwig Pölitz's courses at the University of Leipzig (winter semester 1815 to winter semester 1837)
- Karl Heinrich Ludwig Pölitz in the professorial catalog of the University of Leipzig
- Karl Heinrich Ludwig Pölitz . In: The Dictionary of Eighteenth Century German Philosophers . (English)
- Reinhardt's own will: Karl Heinrich Ludwig Pölitz (1772–1838) . In: Institute for Saxon History and Folklore (Ed.): Saxon Biography .
- The Pölitzstrasse in Leipzig. In: Leipzig Lexicon. André Loh-Kliesch, accessed on November 21, 2013 .
|SURNAME||Pölitz, Karl Heinrich Ludwig|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||17th August 1772|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hohenstein-Ernstthal|
|DATE OF DEATH||February 27, 1838|
|Place of death||Leipzig|