Life and work
After high school in 1971 at the commercial high school in Osnabrück made screen Beck soldier on time his military service in the Bundeswehr , and also underwent training to become a reserve officer (last rank: Major dR). In 1974 he took over his parents' farm , which he gave up in 1981 to instead work as a developer for residential and shop fitting projects. Georg Schirmbeck has been active in forest policy since 2001, when he became chairman of the Weser-Ems Forest Owners Association and a member of the main committee of the Working Group of German Forest Owners Associations . Since June 5, 2007 he has been President of the German Forestry Council (DFWR); He was last confirmed in office in May 2016 by the general assembly. Since November 2009, Schirmbeck has also been a board member of the specialist agency for renewable raw materials . V.
Schirmbeck worked several times for the OSCE as an election observer in Belarus. Before the presidential elections in 2006 , he was refused entry into the country because of a critical interview in which he described the Belarusian President Aljaksandr Lukashenka as “the last dictator in Europe”. After the 2010 presidential election , however, Schirmbeck turned against allegations of electoral fraud. While other OSCE election observers rated the counting of votes as “bad to very bad”, Schirmbeck stated that the voting and counting in the polling stations he visited were correct. He turned against "criticism from German living rooms" and condemned some statements in Germany as silly. On the other hand, he criticized the so-called “early voting”, which was difficult to control by election observers, and accused Belarus of serious democratic deficits due to the unequal access of government and opposition to the media.
Georg Schirmbeck is married and has two children.
In 1972, Schirmbeck joined the Junge Union (JU) and the CDU, was deputy chairman of the JU district association of the Osnabrück district from 1974 to 1976 and deputy chairman of the JU district association of Osnabrück / Emsland from 1975 to 1977 . Since 1974 he has been a member of the CDU district executive in the Osnabrück district.
Schirmbeck was a member of the municipal council in his home town of Hasbergen from 1976 to 1992 . He had been a member of the district council of the Osnabrück district since 1976 and chairman of the CDU district parliamentary group from 1996 to 2011.
From 1990 to 2002, Schirmbeck was also a member of the Lower Saxony state parliament . There he was environmental policy spokesman for the CDU parliamentary group from 1991 to 1998 and then a member of the parliamentary committee until 2002.
Schirmbeck was a member of the European Union parliamentary group of the German Bundestag until the end of the 17th legislative period of the German Bundestag .
- Website by Georg Schirmbeck
- Biography at the German Bundestag
- CV at the CDU / CSU parliamentary group
- Georg Schirmbeck on parliament watch.de
- AFZ / Der Wald, 64.2009, No. 20 (October 19, 2009), p. 1113: Georg Schirmbeck 60 years.
- AFZ / Der Wald, 71.2016, No. 14 (July 18, 2016), p. 19
- Georg Schirmbeck elected to the board of the FNR ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , Press release by the Agency for Renewable Raw Materials e. V., November 26, 2009
- Belarus refuses entry to German election observers . In: Spiegel Online, March 17, 2006. Retrieved January 9, 2010.
- OSCE election observers name the count incorrect , Spiegel Online, December 20, 2011
- Veit Medick : "We should save ourselves criticism from German living rooms" (Interview with Georg Schirmbeck), Spiegel Online, December 20, 2010
- CDU member calls for transfer union in the euro zone ( Memento of the original from July 14, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. . In: Junge Freiheit Online, July 12, 2011. Retrieved July 12, 2011.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (CDU), Member of the Bundestag, Member of the Bundestag|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 6, 1949|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Ohrbeck|