Grand Forks International Airport
|Grand Forks International Airport|
|Height above MSL||257 m (843 ft )|
|Distance from the city center||8 miles west of Grand Forks|
|Street||US Highway 2|
|opening||22nd August 1964|
|operator||Grand Forks Regional Airport Authority|
|Air freight||5,127 t (2016)|
|17R / 35L||2241 m × 46 m asphalt|
|9L / 27R||1282 m × 30 m concrete|
|17L / 35R||1189 m × 23 m
|9R / 27L||1006 m × 18 m concrete|
The Grand Forks International Airport ( IATA airport code : GRP , ICAO code : KGFK ) is the airport of the city of Grand Forks in Grand Forks County in eastern US -amerikanischen state of North Dakota . Grand Forks International Airport is the most important air traffic hub in the Greater Grand Forks metropolitan area and the adjacent areas in eastern North Dakota and northwestern Minnesota .
The airport is operated by the Grand Forks Regional Airport Authority , a joint body of the City of Grand Forks and Grand Forks County.
Of the 967 flight movements per day, 71 percent can be assigned to general aviation and 28 percent to air taxi traffic. Scheduled flights make up a little less than one percent. There are also some military aircraft movements. The vast majority of aircraft movements are operated by and for the John D. Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences at Grand Forks-based University of North Dakota . The title International Airport is based on the cross-border flight movements of general aviation including the necessary customs and border clearance facilities.
The airport area is 8 miles west of Grand Forks. The US Highway 2 runs directly past the airport. A few kilometers east of the airport runs Interstate 29 , which is the shortest connection from Kansas City in Missouri to Winnipeg in the Canadian province of Manitoba .
The airport has four runways, the longest of which has an asphalt surface. The other three are paved with concrete. There is a passenger terminal with a baggage handling system and two passenger boarding bridges . Several rental car companies have bases in the reception building.
Airlines and destinations
- Allegiant Air - Las Vegas , Orlando-Sanford , Phoenix-Mesa
- Delta Connection - operated by Pinnacle Airlines - Minneapolis-Saint Paul
- Delta Connection - operated by SkyWest Airlines - Minneapolis-Saint Paul
- United Express - operated by SkyWest Airlines - Denver
- FedEx - to Memphis and Sioux Falls
- FedEx Feeder (operated by Corporate Air ) - to Minot, Bismarck, Dickinson, Williston, Fargo , Thief River Falls, Bemidji
- Alpine Air Express - to Bismack
- AirportIQ 5010: Grand Forks International. GCR1.com, accessed December 22, 2017 .
- North America Airport Rankings. (No longer available online.) ACI-NA.org , archived from the original on September 6, 2018 ; accessed on December 22, 2017 (English). Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Grand Forks International Airport - Airline Schedule.Retrieved June 11, 2013