Hans Kurt Tönshoff
Hans Kurt Tönshoff studied mechanical engineering at the Technical University of Hanover (today Leibniz University of Hanover ) from 1954 to 1959 and was at that time chairman of the general student committee (1957-1958). In 1955 he joined the Corps Hannovera Hannover . In 1965 he did his doctorate at Bühler's chair for machine tools and forming technology in the field of fine machining.
After various managerial positions in the machine tool industry , in 1970 he was appointed full professor at the Technical University of Hanover, which has since been renamed. Until 2002 he was professor and director of the Institute for Production Technology and Cutting Machine Tools (today Institute for Production Technology and Machine Tools (IFW)). From 1972 to 1974 he was Dean of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering at the TU Hannover.
Tönshoff has been a member of the Scientific Society for Production Technology (WGP) since 1971 and an active member of the International Research Association for Production Technology (CIRP) since 1975 . At the CIRP he was a member of the executive committee for several years and finally from 1998 to 1999 President. He was made an honorary member of the CIRP because of his outstanding services to production science.
Appointments from foreign universities followed in 1982 from the Technical University of Munich and the Technical University of Darmstadt, in 1986 from the Technical University of Vienna and in 1989 from the Technical University of Hamburg-Harburg.
Tönshoff was a member of the Science Council of the Federal Republic of Germany from 1980 to 1984 and from 1984 to 1986 commissioner for research and technology of Lower Saxony.
From 1982 to 1987 he was a curator of the Volkswagen Foundation , and since 1982 he has been a member of the board of the Scientific Council of the Working Group on Industrial Research Associations (AiF) .
From 1984 to 1989 he was a member of the Senate of the German Research Foundation , from 1989 to 1995 its vice-president.
Tönshoff has been curator of the Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing since 1995, and curator of the Physikalisch Technische Bundesanstalt since 1997 .
In 1988 he founded the Institute for Integrated Production Hanover (IPH) with university professors Hans-Peter Wiendahl and Eckart Doege, of which he was a member of the management until the end of 2006.
In 2002 he was "Russel S. Springer Professor" at the University of California, Berkeley .
- Federal Cross of Merit on Ribbon of the Federal Republic of Germany (1988)
- Honorary doctorate from the Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg (1992)
- Frederik W. Taylor Research Medal of the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) (1994)
- Honorary doctorate from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (1998)
- Georg Schlesinger Prize of the State of Berlin (2003)
- Honorary Doctorate from Keio University , Tokyo (2004)
- Member of the German Academy of Engineering Sciences (Acatech)
- Manufacturing process technology
- Laser technology
- Machine tools
- Manufacturing organization
- HK Tönshoff, H. Gerken (Hrsg.): Karl Karmarsch: Handbuch der mechanical Technologie (partial reprint) Olms 2006.
- HK Tönshoff, F. Hollmann: High-speed cutting Wiley-VCH 2004.
- H.-W. Hoffmeister, HK Tönshoff (Ed.): Yearbook grinding, honing, lapping and polishing Vulkan-Verlag 2004.
- HK Tönshoff, B. Denkena: Spanen, Basics Springer textbook 2003.
- HK Tönshoff: Automated production under water Wiley-VCH 2003.
- HK Tönshoff, I. Inasaki, J. Hesse: Sensors in Manufacturing Wiley-VCH 2001.
- HK Tönshoff, H. Wildemann : SMEs and benchmarking. Increase competitiveness through international comparison TCW 2001.
- HK Tönshoff, E. Doege, W. Ecker: Noise and vibration processes on machines Wiley-VCH 1998.
- HK Tönshoff: Machine tools. Basics Springer textbook 1995.
- HK Tönshoff: Residual stresses and plastic deformations in the workpiece due to machining Hanover 1965
- Literature by and about Hans Kurt Tönshoff in the catalog of the German National Library
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dr.-Ing. E. h. mult. em. Hans Kurt Tönshoff
- Entry at IFW with picture
- 1866–1966, Corps Hannovera at the Technical University of Hanover , 1966, p. 96
- Honorary doctorate for the board of the Laser Zentrums Hannover eV , press release of the Informationsdienst Wissenschaft from June 9, 1998, accessed on October 29, 2009
|SURNAME||Tönshoff, Hans Kurt|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German engineer and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 14, 1934|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bochum|