Horst Weidenmüller (* 1964 in Basel ) is a German founder and managing director of K7 Music GmbH.
Weidenmüller was born in Basel and moved to Berlin in 1982 . There he became part of the punk scene and founded Studio K7 in 1985 , with which he filmed concerts by well-known punk artists such as Nick Cave and Einstürzende Neubauten and sold them on VHS cassettes to local and international music cafes, for example to the Café Swing on Nollendorfplatz . At the end of the 1980s he focused on techno and video production resulted in the X-Mix series in 1992 , which combined DJ sets by artists such as Richie Hawtin , Laurent Garnier or Dave Clark with computer animation, and was shown on MTV . In 1993 Weidenmüller started the DJ-Kicks Mixtapes, which released entire DJ sets from well-known DJs and is still being continued.
In 1996, Weidenmüller founded the! K7 label, which was named after the place where it was founded on Kaiserdamm 7. In the following years, he further expanded the! K7 group, including the establishment of the Rapster Records (2001) or 7K! (2018) for Neoclassical with artists like Luca D'Alberto, Niklas Paschburg and Henrik Schwarz . The Label & Artist Services division was founded in 2003 to support independent labels and artists. In 2019, Weidenmüller founded the jazz label Ever Records together with Steve Abbott .
In 2012, on the occasion of the label's 28th birthday, a compilation of archive videos was shown in the Stadtbad Wedding . In 2013, an audiovisual installation with live DJ sets and videos of the X-Mixes was also held in the Stadtbad.
Weidenmüller since 2003 on the board of Impala (Independent Music Companies Association) and the board of Merlin since 2008. He was also a board member of the VUT ( German Association of Independent Music Entrepreneur ) and of WIN (Worldwide Independent Network). He is also a founding member of the Berlin Music Commission and the Association for Electronic Music.
Today Weidenmüller's! K7 group includes the in-house labels! K7, AUS, 7K !, Strut and Ever Records, as well as an artist management division, and has offices in Berlin, London and New York City . Over the years of K7, Horst Weidenmüller u. a. with the artists Tricky , Kruder & Dorfmeister , Matthew Herbert , Fat Freddy's Drop , Mykki Blanco, Peggy Gou , Whitest Boy Alive , Forest Swords, Moodymann , Henrik Schwarz, Carl Craig , Einstürzende Neubauten, Grandmaster Flash , Hercules & Love Affair and Madlib .
Discography (Executive Producer)
- 2017: Luca D'Alberto - Endless
- 2018: Niklas Paschburg - Oceanic
- 2018: Henrik Schwarz - Scripted Orkestra
- 2018: Luca D'Alberto - Exile
- 2019: Henrik Schwarz & Alma Quartet - Plunderphonia
- 2019: Tricky: Hell Is Round the Corner: The Unique No-Holds Barred Autobiography , Blink Publishing, ISBN 978-1-78870-222-5 .
- ^ A b Horst Weidenmüller: "I want to create a small biotope with! K7." April 29, 2013, accessed on January 20, 2020 (German).
- ↑ Horst Weidenmüller: "I had the Berlin disease". Retrieved January 20, 2020 .
- ↑ Daniel Fersch: X-MIX RELOADED new edition as an audiovisual event series. In: Groove. October 23, 2013, accessed on January 20, 2020 (German).
- ↑ a b MusikWoche | People | Horst Weidenmüller. Retrieved January 20, 2020 .
- ↑ a b Horst Weidenmueller. Accessed January 20, 2020 (English).
- ↑ Neoclassical - fraudulent labeling or an important new genre? Retrieved January 20, 2020 (German).
- ↑ ! K7 launches new jazz focused label | Complete Music Update. Retrieved February 24, 2020 .
- ↑ Catherine J. Fehre :! K7 presents the return of X-MIX at Stattbad tonight. October 25, 2013. Retrieved January 20, 2020 (American English).
- ↑ a b c Horst Weidenmueller | Impala. Retrieved January 20, 2020 .
- ^ Merlin Network - Representing the rights of independent record labels worldwide. Retrieved January 20, 2020 .
- ^ Founding Members - Berlin Music Commission. Retrieved January 20, 2020 .
- ↑ Premiere: Luca D'Alberto - Wait For Me (Marquis Hawkes Remix). In: Inverted Audio. June 8, 2017, Retrieved February 11, 2020 (UK English).
- ^ Niklas Paschburg - Oceanic. Retrieved February 11, 2020 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German founder and managing director of K7 Music GmbH|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1964|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Basel|