Insidious: Chapter 3 - Every story has a beginning
|German title||Insidious: Chapter 3 - Every story has a beginning|
|Original title||Insidious: Chapter 3|
|Country of production||United States|
Jason Blum ,
Oren Peli ,
Insidious: Chapter 3 - Every Story Has a Beginning is a 2015 American horror film directed by Leigh Whannell , who also wrote the script. The film is the prequel to Insidious (2010) and Insidious: Chapter 2 (2013). The theatrical release in the United States was on June 5, 2015, the German theatrical release on July 2, 2015.
A young girl named Quinn lives in a residential complex in Chicago with her father Sean and younger brother Alex. In order to come to terms with the loss of her recently deceased mother, Quinn goes in search of the clairvoyant Elise, who had actually renounced her gift. Since she feels sorry for Quinn, she tries to contact her mother, which fails due to a demon afflicting Elise in the form of an old woman who had repeatedly predicted her imminent death at the hand of the demon.
Quinn is a well-read young lady interested in a career as an actress, so she is auditioning in New York with her best friend Maggie. After that went rather badly, the two leave the theater, Quinn seeing a man in the street waving to her. Seconds later, she is hit by a vehicle and seriously injured, suffering from various broken bones, especially in her legs. After a while Quinn is allowed to leave the hospital and spends the next time in her bed.
She is repeatedly haunted by a supernatural being who appears in the form of a skinny old man with a breathing mask and finally even throws her out of bed or tries to fall out of a window. Her father Sean is able to save her every time the demon tries to kill her, but realizes that he needs help and instructs the ghost hunters Specs and Tucker to capture the demon, but they fail.
When the man with the breathing mask takes possession of her, Elise appears, who agrees to go into the parallel world of the demon in order to find him there and destroy him. She finds herself on the floor above the family's apartment and is attacked there by the old woman who tries to strangle her. With the help of her colleague Carl's encouragement, she can defeat her own demons and goes to the old man who is sitting on a bed next to it. She recognizes in him her deceased husband, who had committed suicide in the real world. He offers her to cut her throat with a razor blade so that she can stay here with him permanently.
Elise realizes that her husband would never ask her to do this, and exposes the demon who has taken possession of Quinn. He now owns half of Quinn, who is held captive by him as a faceless figure with no feet or hands. Elise tries to escape, but is overwhelmed by the demon and therefore wakes up in the real world. She realizes that Quinn is slowly sliding into the parallel world and tries to keep her in the here and now by persuading her. In Quinn's diary, she discovers a letter from her deceased mother, who calls her with this and asks for help against the demon. Together, the ghost hunters, Quinn's parents and Elise manage to destroy the demon and save Quinn. Elise then joins the two ghost hunters to help more people. Back at home with her dog, she sees a jacket on her bed that reminds her of her husband. However, the dog begins to bark and at the end a new demon comes into the room that haunts them.
On September 15, 2013, a third film in the Insidious series was announced, starring Leigh Whannell as the screenwriter. On May 7, 2014, James Wan announced on Twitter that Leigh Whannell would direct the third part of the series, which also marks his debut as a director.
Filming started on July 9, 2014.
The film was produced by Sony Pictures . The first trailer was released on October 24, 2014.
- Palm Springs International Film Festival : Directors to Watch for Leigh Whannell
In April 2016, Sony announced at CinemaCon in Las Vegas that a fourth installment in the series would go into production. Leigh Whannell will again be responsible for both the script and the direction. In January 2018, Insidious: The Last Key was finally released .
- Insidious: Chapter 3 - Every story has a beginning in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Insidious: Chapter 3 - Every story has a beginning atRotten Tomatoes(English)
- Official website
- Official website (English)
- Release to Insidious: Chapter 3 - Every story has a beginning . Voluntary self-regulation of the film industry , June 2015 (PDF; test number: 152 114 K).
- Age rating for Insidious: Chapter 3 - Every story has a beginning . Youth Media Commission .
- INSIDIOUS: CHAPTER THREE Moving Forward; Leigh Whannell Returning to Write the Script . Retrieved January 6, 2015.
- I'm truly honored and excited to b passing the torch Onto my great bud ... . In: Twitter . May 7, 2014. Retrieved January 6, 2015.
- "On The Set For 7/14/14: Dermot Mulroney Starrer 'Insidious: Chapter 3 ′ Starts, Levan Akin's' The Circle' Wraps" . Archived from the original on October 17, 2014. Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Retrieved January 6, 2015.
- "Insidious: Chapter 3": First trailer for the horror thriller by Leigh Whannell . October 24, 2014. Retrieved January 6, 2015.
- 'Insidious' is Getting a Fourth Chapter , accessed April 16, 2016