life and career
Oren Peli came to the United States from Israel in 1990 and works as a video game programmer. He was involved in games such as Mortal Kombat 3 ( Midway Games , 1995). He then worked for the Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) development teams 989 Studios (on the games NFL Xtreme , 1998, and MLB 2004 , 2003) and SCE Studios San Diego (on MLB 08: The Show , 2008).
In addition to his work, Peli shot his first feature film Paranormal Activity in 2006 in his home in San Diego, California, using a Sony HD camera . The film cost him and his producer Jason Blum only $ 11,000 , it took seven days to shoot and a year in post-production. In October 2007, the independent production celebrated its festival premiere at the Screamfest Horror Film Festival and ran after the Sundance Film Festival had rejected the film, in January 2008 at the Sundance competition event Slamdance . After this performance, the rights were bought from DreamWorks , originally with the intention of having a remake made. These plans were dropped and the theatrical release was postponed again and again due to the disputes between Dreamworks and the then parent company Paramount . Since September 2009, the film has been gradually being released by Paramount in US cinemas and promoted through a viral marketing campaign. He was the producer and screenwriter for Paranormal Activity , Paranormal Activity 2 , Paranormal Activity 3 and Paranormal Activity 4 .
In October and November 2009, the shooting of Peli's second feature film Area 51 took place in the state of Utah . The film, again an independent production by Jason Blum and rewritten by Peli, had a budget of $ 5 million.
Peli is a producer and director of the pilot episode of ABC - found footage - series The River , this was created under the production of Steven Spielberg . In 2012 he worked as a writer and producer on a low budget - Horror Chernobyl Diaries involved.
- 2007: Paranormal Activity (also director, screenplay)
- 2010: Insidious
- 2010: Paranormal Activity 2
- 2011: Paranormal Activity 3
- 2012: Chernobyl Diaries (also screenplay)
- 2012: The Lords of Salem
- 2012: The Bay - After fear comes panic (The Bay)
- 2013: Insidious: Chapter 2
- 2014: Paranormal Activity : The Marked Ones
- 2015: Insidious: Chapter 3 - Every story has a beginning (Insidious: Chapter 3)
- 2015: Paranormal Activity: Ghost Dimension (Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension)
- Archived copy ( Memento of the original dated February 6, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/film-reviews/paranormal-activity-film-review-1004015885.story ( Memento from September 27, 2009 in the Internet Archive )
- Perfecting “PARANORMAL”; “RIVER” of Screams
- http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118009596.html?categoryid=13&cs=1&nid=2564 ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Exclusive interview: Creator Oren Peli Takes us to The River
- Indie Horror Month Video Interview Part Two: Oren Peli Discusses Sequels, Life Changes, Sticking to Your Guns and More for Paranormal Activity
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Israeli-American game programmer and filmmaker|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1970|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Israel|