The Office for Securing the Integration of Severely Disabled People in Working Life ("Integration Office") according to Paragraph 1 No. 1 Ninth Book of the Social Code (SGB IX) is an authority in Germany that carries out tasks according to the law on severely disabled people (Part 3 of SGB IX) Fulfills. In Bavaria and North Rhine-Westphalia they are known as the Inclusion Office. Until 2001 these tasks were carried out by the main welfare offices of the federal states.
- Collection and use of the countervailing charge
- The special protection against dismissal for severely disabled and severely disabled equivalent to enforce people and to monitor compliance:
- According to Ninth Book of the Social Security Code (SGB IX), dismissals by severely disabled or equivalent disabled employees are ineffective (void) if they are made without the prior consent of the Integration Office. The severe disability or equality must have already been recognized upon receipt of the notice of termination, or the application for a severely disabled person's pass or for equality must have been submitted at least three weeks before receipt of the notice of termination.
- Organization and implementation of accompanying help in working life for people with so-called severe disabilities
- Training and education measures for company integration teams in works councils and staff councils as well as for representatives of severely disabled employees and inclusion officers of the employer
- The implementation of various specialist services, e.g. B. Technical advisory service or integration specialist service
The services of the integration office represent an individual supplement to the services of the rehabilitation provider, tailored to the special requirements of the workplace . They are financed from the funds of the equalization tax.
The integration offices are organized in the individual federal states at local or state level . The federal states are authorized to transfer individual tasks of the integration offices according to the law for severely disabled persons to local so-called specialist offices for disabled people at work or pension offices :
- In Baden-Württemberg the integration office is affiliated with the local association for youth and social affairs ;
- in Bavaria , the tasks of the integration office are carried out by the inclusion office at the Bavarian Family and Social Center ;
- located in Hessen at the State Welfare Association of Hessen ;
- In North Rhine-Westphalia the regional associations Rhineland and Westphalia-Lippe are responsible,
- In Saxony-Anhalt , the relevant tasks are assigned to the local administrative office there .
At the federal level, the integration offices have merged with the main welfare offices to form the Federal Working Group of Integration Offices and Main Welfare Offices (BIH), which today consists of 17 integration offices and main welfare offices, as well as the 17 supply administrations from the federal states and the Bundeswehr administration in Düsseldorf as the "main welfare office" for soldiers. The BIH is chaired and managed by one of its members for several years - currently at the LVR Inclusion Office of the Rhineland Regional Association in Cologne.
- BIH Federal Working Group of Integration Offices and Main Welfare Offices (ed.): ABC Fachlexikon. Employment of severely disabled people. 6th revised edition, Cologne 2018.
- Integration offices in Germany : tasks, information, contact