Draeger grew up in Spain from the age of four and graduated from high school in Bilbao, Spain , in 1964 . He then studied German , political science and theater studies at the Free University of Berlin . From 1969 to 1981 he signed up as a regular soldier in the German Armed Forces and most recently held the rank of captain . He built u. a. Radio Andernach on. Most recently he was major in the reserve.
Draeger was a newscaster for NDR from 1982 to 1985 , and from 1985 to 1987 he moderated at Radio Hamburg . From 1987 he worked for the private broadcaster Sat.1. There he was editor-in-chief of the Hamburg window Wir im Norden (later Wir in Hamburg ) from 1987 to 1989 , and from 1989 to 1990 he worked in the Sat.1 main newsroom.
His biggest success was the game show Go All Out! which he hosted for almost five years from the beginning of 1992 to 1996. After moving to RTL , where he presented the magazine Mysteries in 1997 , he again took over the moderation of the new edition of Geh zum Gesamt! From 1999 to 2003 . at Kabel eins, so that with one interruption he moderated the show between 1992 and 2003 for a total of almost ten years.
Draeger had actually finished his career as an entertainer, but started again at 9Live . There he moderated, among other things, the shows The 100,000 Euro Question and Alle gegen Draeger , which was a modification of Go for the Whole . He also took part in the 9Live birthday marathon in 2003. At that time, for the second birthday of the call-in station, it was broadcast live for two days without a break, with which the station made it into the Guinness Book of Records as the “Longest TV Quiz”. The record is still valid today. In 2007 he hosted the show Geld oder Draeger from April 16-20 .
In May 2011, he hosted the RTL 2 game show I know what you did last Friday .
With a new edition of Alle gegen Draeger , he went on the air on January 26, 2014 on the digital television channel Family TV . Of these, 10 episodes were produced, which were shown every two weeks until June 2014.
In September 2016, the broadcaster Tele 5 broadcast the 12 episode documentary soap Old Guys on Tour (OGOT). Draeger, Frederic Meisner , Björn-Hergen Schimpf and Harry Wijnvoord walked the Way of St. James together for several weeks. Entertainer Karl Dall accompanied the four as a guide and commentator.
Together with Alexander Wipprecht, he hosted the reboot and the pilot episode of the TV show Tutti Frutti on RTL Nitro in December 2016 .
Draeger is in his fourth marriage and has two children.
Draeger competed in the German television program Let's Dance in 2017 and took last place.
- Jörg Draeger, the master of Zonk !, in action for Mallorca's new flight rescuers ( Memento of the original from January 12, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , presseportal.de
- 9Live: Marathon broadcast recognized as a world record , dwdl.de, March 12, 2014, accessed on November 28, 2014
- World record on guinnessworldrecords.de, accessed on November 28, 2014
- I know what you did last Friday. fernsehserien.de, accessed on October 23, 2015 .
- Family Tv - Jörg Draeger: New game show from Düsseldorf , rp-online.de , September 19, 2013
- Düsseldorf: Jörg Draeger is back on the air , rp-online.de, January 26, 2014
- Today “Tutti Frutti” is back on TV . In: https://www.tz.de . December 30, 2016 ( tz.de [accessed December 30, 2016]).
- Jörg Draeger: The man with the Zonk is coming back. (No longer available online.) In: Stimme.de. July 18, 2011, archived from the original on January 11, 2017 ; accessed on January 11, 2017 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German television presenter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 28, 1945|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin|