Johannes Baptist Przyklenk
Johannes Przyklenk grew up in Gelsenkirchen-Rotthausen . He joined the Order of Missionaries of the Holy Family . In 1938 he was sent on a mission to Brazil by his order . He studied theology at the Collegium Maximum of the Jesuits in São Leopoldo . On December 8, 1940, he was ordained a priest in Brazil . He was a lecturer at a religious college and chaplain in Santo Ângelo and in Passo Fundo . At the Lateran University in Rome, he obtained the licentiate of canon law . From 1947 he was general secretary of his order in the generalate in Rome.
Pope John XXIII appointed him on June 1, 1962 Bishop of Januária. The Bishop of Essen , Franz Hengsbach , donated him the episcopal ordination on July 29 of the same year in Kevelaer ; Co- consecrators were Heinrich Maria Janssen , Bishop of Hildesheim , and Heinrich Tenhumberg , Auxiliary Bishop in Münster .
Bishop Johannes Przyklenk attended all the sessions of the Second Vatican Council . He worked to ensure that the council encouraged all believers (not just priests) to read the Scriptures constantly . His suggestion was taken up by three council theologians , Alois Grillmeier , Otto Semmelroth and Joseph Ratzinger , and found its way into the Dogmatic Constitution on divine revelation .
Bishop Przyklenk died during the plenary assembly of the Brazilian Bishops' Conference ( Conferência Nacional dos Bispos do Brasil , CNBB) at Itaici Monastery in Indaiatuba. Thousands escorted him when the deceased was transferred to Januária and there was buried in the cathedral Nossa Senhora das Dores.
- Entry on Johannes Baptist Przyklenk on catholic-hierarchy.org
- Willings Kevelaerer Encyclopedia | Johannes Baptist Przyklenk
- Diocese de Januária: Bispos , accessed on June 8, 2020.
- Before an episcopal ordination in Kevelaer. A German missionary became a bishop in Brazil. In: Kirche + Leben from July 22, 1962.
- Josef Enssen: The mission forces active overseas from the diocese of Essen . Diocesan Office for World Mission in the Diocese of Essen, Essen 1970, p. 18.
- Jared Wicks: Scripture reading urged Vehementer (Dei Verbum No. 25): background and development . In: David G. Schultenover: 50 years on. Probing the riches of Vatican II . Michael Glazier, Collegeville 2015, ISBN 978-0-8146-8301-9 , pp. 365-390, here p. 378.
|SURNAME||Przyklenk, Johannes Baptist|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Catholic bishop in Brazil|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 30, 1916|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Pogosch|
|DATE OF DEATH||May 3, 1984|
|Place of death||Indaiatuba|