Klaus-Michael Mallmann studied history, sociology, political science and German at the Saarland University in Saarbrücken and received his doctorate there in 1980 with an investigation into the beginnings of the miners' movement on the Saar. From 1976 to 1987 he worked as a journalist for Saarländischer Rundfunk and received the ARD Kurt Magnus Prize in 1979 . From 1988 to 1992 he was a research assistant at Saarland University as part of the research project “Resistance and Denial in Saarland 1935–1945”. After working on the research project “Die Gestapo 1933–1945” at the Free University of Berlin , he completed his habilitation in 1995 at the University of Essen with a study on the social history of German communism 1918–1933 and taught there as a private lecturer . Mallmann has been working at the University of Stuttgart since 2001 , where he worked from 2004 until his retirement in 2013 as an adjunct professor and scientific director of the Ludwigsburg Research Center at the University of Stuttgart, which cooperates with the Central Office of the State Judicial Administrations for the investigation of National Socialist crimes . He is the editor and co-author of a number of volumes at this institution on Nazi perpetrator research.
- The beginnings of the miners' movement on the Saar (1848–1904) (zugl .: Saarbrücken, Univ., Diss., 1980), Minerva-Verlag, Saarbrücken 1981, ISBN 3-477-00065-X .
- Communists in the Weimar Republic. Social history of a revolutionary movement (also: Essen, Univ., Habil.-Schr., 1995), WBG, Darmstadt 1996, ISBN 3-534-13045-6 .
- The war in the dark. The »Zeppelin« company 1942–1945 , in: Michael Wildt (Ed.): Intelligence, Political Elite and Murder Unit. The Security Service of the Reichsführer SS , Hamburger Edition , Hamburg 2003; ISBN 3-930908-84-0 , pp. 324-346.
- (Ed.) German East 1939–1945. The Weltanschauung war in photos and texts , WGB, Darmstadt 2003, ISBN 3-534-16023-1 .
- (Ed.) Careers of Violence. National Socialist perpetrator biographies , WGB, Darmstadt, 2nd edition 2011 (first edition 2004), ISBN 978-3-534-23811-8 .
- (together with Martin Cüppers): Half moon and swastika. The Third Reich, the Arabs and Palestine , WGB, Darmstadt, 3rd edition 2011 (first edition 2006) ISBN 978-3-534-24025-8 .
- (Eds. With Andrej Angrick , Jürgen Matthäus and Martin Cüppers ): The “ Event Reports USSR ” 1941 . WBG, Darmstadt 2011, ISBN 978-3-534-24468-3 .
- (Ed. With Andrej Angrick, Jürgen Matthäus and Martin Cüppers): German occupation in the USSR , Volume II of the publications of the Ludwigsburg Research Center of the University of Stuttgart. Scientific Book Society, Darmstadt 2013, ISBN 978-3-534-248902 .
- Literature by and about Klaus-Michael Mallmann in the catalog of the German National Library
- Short biography and reviews of works by Klaus-Michael Mallmann at perlentaucher.de
- Website by Klaus-Michael Mallmann at the University of Stuttgart
- A lot of work for NS researchers . In: Stuttgarter Zeitung , March 26, 2011 (report on Mallmann's work at the Ludwigsburg Research Center)
- Access to the 12th bulletin of the Fritz Bauer Institute . Frankfurt 2014, p. 63 ( PDF ).
- Profile of the Ludwigsburg Research Center
- Publications by the Ludwigsburg Research Center at the University of Stuttgart
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 3, 1948|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Kaiserslautern|