Education and theater
Knut Berger studied acting at the University of the Arts in Berlin from August 1999 to May 2003 . Afterwards he did not enter into a permanent, classical theater engagement, but worked since then as a freelance actor. Berger worked almost exclusively in contemporary, often experimental, theater productions. He has appeared several times in productions by the choreographer Constanza Macras and the Israeli director Yael Ronen . His first collaboration with Macras was in 2000; In 2001 he appeared in her production Dolce Vita at the Down Town Arts Festival in New York City .
Berger has had numerous guest engagements at the Berlin Schaubühne since the 2003/04 season , where he participated in several world premieres by Constanza Macras and Yael Ronen. With Ronen's production Third Generation , a co-production of the Berlin Schaubühne and the Habima National Theater of Israel , Berger made guest appearances between 2008 and 2013 a. a. in Tel-Aviv, Italy (Parma), Poland (Łódź), Sweden (Stockholm, Malmö), Denmark (Arhus) and Greece (Thessaloniki).
He had other engagements at the Volksbühne Berlin (2005 and 2006), at the Schauspielhaus Wien (2006; as Knut in I'm not the only one by Constanza Macras), at DOCK 11 in Berlin (2007), at Hebbel am Ufer (2010 ; as a soldier in The Last Days of Mankind , 2011–2012, each at HAU 2 / HAU 3) and at Ballhaus Naunynstraße (2012; 2013 in Thelemachos by Anestis Azas and Prodromos Tsinikoris).
In the 2012/13 season Knut Berger was seen at the Schauspielhaus Graz as a guest in the world premiere of Hakoah Vienna (director / concept: Yael Ronen) in the role of husband Oliver. In the 2013/14 season Berger took part in the world premiere of No Man's Land , the second production by Yael Ronen at the Graz Schauspielhaus. He also played in the resumption of Hakoah Vienna this season . In the 2014/15 season, Berger was seen again at the Schauspielhaus Graz in the revivals of Yael Ronen's productions Hakoah Vienna and No Man's Land .
In the 2013/14 season Berger was a guest at the Maxim Gorki Theater in Berlin as Elias / Ismael in the world premiere of Der Russe ist ein der Birken von Olga Grjasnowa (stage version and director: Yael Ronen). The Russian is someone who loves birch trees is Berger's fifth collaboration with Yael Ronen. In the 2015/16 season he appeared again in this production at the Maxim Gorki Theater. During this season he also worked in the theater project Small Town Boy by Falk Richter .
In the 2015/16 season Berger made a guest appearance with Hakoah Vienna at the Volkstheater Vienna . He is also involved in the world premiere of Lost and Found (director / concept: Yael Ronen) this season .
Movie and TV
Since 2000, Berger has also taken on roles in various cinema and television productions. Martin Gypkens's film Wir (2003) was one of his first important film works, which was awarded the “Long Film Award” at the Max Ophüls Festival . Berger played the young bisexual , occasionally cocaine- sniffing Berlin-based Carsten, who now feels more attracted to men. In 2003 he played the leading male role in the Israeli film Walk on Water (2004) by Eytan Fox , a story about German-Israeli relations. Berger played a homosexual German and the grandson of an old Nazi who had gone into hiding.
In the feature film This Is Love (2009) he played the male part of an unsympathetic yuppie couple at the side of Margarita Broich . In 2012 he could be seen alongside Fabian Stumm in 56 , who was nominated for the Max Ophüls Prize as best short film . In the movie comedy Marry Me! (2015) he had a supporting role as Dominik.
He also had episode roles in the television series Sternenfänger (2002), SK Kölsch (2004), Großstadtrevier (2005; as a criminal Leo Brocken), SOKO Wismar (2008; as a suspected musician and ex-boyfriend Martin Neuville), SOKO Leipzig (2009; as Child's father Kevin Weuth and ex-boyfriend of a murdered police student) and In all friendship - The young doctors (2015; as an alcoholic patient Mark Schmitz). In January 2016, Berger appeared again in the ZDF crime series SOKO Leipzig . He played the role of Bertram Schöffel in a leading role in the episode; he embodied the husband of a murdered young woman and mother. In April 2016, Berger was seen in the ZDF series Notruf Hafenkante in a leading role as shop owner Frank Wehner. In the Bremen Tatort: The hundredth monkey was seen Berger in May 2016 in a supporting role; he played Rolf Brosig, the manager of a biotechnology company. In October 2016 he was seen in the ZDF series SOKO Munich as the music producer Vince Porter in an episode role.
In October 2017 he was seen in the ARD series In all friendship in a leading role in the episode; He played the busy business lawyer Björn Gerdes, the neighbor of Professor Simoni, whose son is admitted to the Saxon Clinic with severe burns . In the 8th season of the ZDF series last trace Berlin (2019) Berger took on one of the episode roles as hospital doctor Dr. Tim Bender, who had an affair with a missing midwife . In the 20th season of the ZDF series SOKO Leipzig (2019) he had a leading role in the episode as a social worker and foster father of a problematic student.
Berger lives in Berlin .
- 2001: For you my heart (short film)
- 2002: Star Catcher (TV series, episode: Live on )
- 2003: We (movie)
- 2003: Something's Always (Movie)
- 2004: on Water walk (Walk on Water) (movie)
- 2004: SK Kölsch (TV series, episode: Of cops and butlers )
- 2004: The fat years are over (movie)
- 2004: Super Orange (movie)
- 2005: Everything you always wanted to know about singles (TV movie)
- 2005: Großstadtrevier (TV series, episode: 50 minutes )
- 2008: Jerichow (movie)
- 2008: SOKO Wismar (TV series; episode: Broken Glass )
- 2009: Roentgen (short film)
- 2009: 12 meters without a head (movie)
- 2009: This Is Love (feature film)
- 2009: SOKO Leipzig (TV series, episode: blood ties )
- 2013: Free play (short film)
- 2015: Marry Me! (Movie)
- 2015: In all friendship - The young doctors (TV series, episode: Crashed )
- 2016: SOKO Leipzig (TV series; episode: Hallo Sexy! )
- 2016: Notruf Hafenkante (TV series; episode: Shopping )
- 2016: Tatort: The Hundredth Monkey (TV series)
- 2016: SOKO Munich (TV series; episode: shooting stars )
- 2017: In all friendship (TV series; episode: Just a moment )
- 2018: Germany 86
- 2019: Last Trace Berlin (TV series; episode: Happy Birthday )
- 2019: A completely normal day (TV movie)
- 2019: My neighbors with the fat dog (TV movie)
- 2019: SOKO Leipzig (TV series; episode: Murder in the classroom )
- 2019: SOKO Danube | SOKO Vienna (TV series; episode: guilt )
- 2020: Bloody Beginners (TV series; episode: Night Watch )
- Knut Berger in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Knut Berger at filmportal.de
- Knut Berger - Vita; Agency
- Knut Berger . Profile and vita at Schauspielervideos.de. Retrieved February 8, 2016
- Knut Berger . Profile at CASTFORWARD . Retrieved February 8, 2016
- Knut Berger . Vita; Official website of the Volkstheater Wien . Retrieved February 8, 2016.
- Knut Berger ( Memento of the original dated February 8, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. . Vita; Official website of the Maxim Gorki Theater . Retrieved February 8, 2016.
- Knut Berger . Vita; Official website of the Schaubühne . Retrieved February 8, 2016.
- Third generation . Official website of the Schaubühne . Retrieved February 8, 2016.
- Hakoah Vienna - In Graz, Yael Ronen traces her Israeli-Austrian family history: Home as a concept and feeling . Performance review at Nachtkritik.de of October 13, 2012. Accessed on February 8, 2016.
- Knut Berger . Vita; Official website of the Schauspielhaus Graz . Retrieved February 8, 2016.
- The Russian iswho loves birch trees - Yael Ronen stages Olga Grjasnowa's novel at the Maxim Gorki Theater Berlin: Not all biscuits are the same . Performance review at Nachtkritik.de from November 16, 2013. Accessed February 8, 2016.
- Small Town Boy . Official website of the Maxim Gorki Theater . Retrieved February 8, 2016.
- WE (film tip) . Retrieved February 8, 2016.
- This Is Love (film tip) . Retrieved February 8, 2016.
- Episode 788: Just a Moment . Plot, cast and picture gallery. Official website of the MDR. Retrieved October 11, 2017
- Last trace Berlin: Happy Birthday . Plot and cast. Retrieved October 20, 2019.
- SOKO Leipzig: Murder in the classroom . Plot and cast. Retrieved October 25, 2019.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German actor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1975|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Gelsenkirchen|