From 1955 Emmerich worked as a freelance, from 1963 on as an editor and reporter for Norddeutscher Rundfunk in Hamburg. His first game that he was allowed to comment on was a game between the Harburger Turnerbund and FC St. Pauli . In 1993 he retired. After that he was press spokesman for Hamburger SV for three years .
Emmerich, who learned his journalistic tools from sports reporter Herbert Zimmermann , helped shape the then factual-oriented football Bundesliga coverage on Saturday afternoon on NDR 2 . He reported from major sporting events from around the world; his trademark was his voice. In 1982, "Emme" received the "Golden Microphone" from the television magazine " Hörzu " as the most popular radio reporter at the World Cup in Spain . On May 25, 1983 he was a reporter for the success of the outsider Hamburger SV in the final of the European Cup against the favored team from Juventus Turin (1-0), with Michel Platini , Zbigniew Boniek and six world champions from 1982, in the Olympic Stadium in Athens . He commented on Felix Magath's decisive goal in the 9th minute with "Goal, goal, a wonderful goal, a wonderful goal". He also commented on HSV's victory in the final of the European Cup Winners' Cup against RSC Anderlecht in Amsterdam on May 18, 1977 . Besides football Emmerich enthusiastic for horse racing , especially the flat racing . He reported regularly from the derby week on the Hamburg-Horn racecourse .
Kurt Emmerich died in his hometown at the age of 76. As an expression of its respect, Hamburger SV competed with a black ribbon in the Bundesliga match against Arminia Bielefeld (2: 1) on February 4, 2006, one day after his death .
Seven years after his death on March 6, 2013, the Hamburg district of Wilhelmsburg of Kurt Emmerich Square, an approximately 140 m long access road to the swimming pool Island Park, inaugurated.
1967 - Bundesliga:
1983 - Hamburger SV versus Juventus Turin:
- Kurt Emmerich. In: hamburger-persoenlichkeit.de. Retrieved May 12, 2019 .
- Peter Glauche: Kurt Emmerich - a legend on the microphone. In: welt.de. Die Welt , November 9, 2003, accessed May 12, 2019 .
- Farewell to "Emme" ( Memento from February 10, 2006 in the Internet Archive )
- NDR mourns Kurt Emmerich ( Memento from February 5, 2006 in the Internet Archive )
- CH: Sports reporter Kurt Emmerich has died. In: welt.de . dpa , February 4, 2006, accessed on May 12, 2019 .
- NDR mourns Kurt Emmerich. In: presseportal.de. Norddeutscher Rundfunk , February 3, 2006, accessed on May 12, 2019 .
- MLO: Hamburg gets a Kurt Emmerich Square. In: shz.de. Schleswig-Holsteinischer Zeitungsverlag , March 6, 2013, accessed on May 12, 2019 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Emmerich, Emme (nickname)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German sports reporter and editor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 31, 1930|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hamburg|
|DATE OF DEATH||February 3, 2006|
|Place of death||Hamburg|