|Radio station ( public service )|
|Program type||Hot AC , music and service wave|
|reception||analogue terrestrial , cable , satellite , web radio , DAB +|
Hamburg Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania Lower Saxony Schleswig-Holstein
|Start of transmission||January 1, 1956|
|Broadcaster||Northern German Radio|
|Program director||Torsten Engel|
|List of radio stations|
NDR 2 started on January 1, 1956 and emerged from the radio broadcaster NWDR Nord , which began broadcasting on April 30, 1950. On January 2, 1981, NDR 2 broadcast the first advertising block. Previously, the NDR was prohibited from broadcasting radio advertising.
In the night hours, NDR 2 took over an ARD community program until 1990. Initially this was the ARD night express , from the mid-1980s the ARD night rock and since 1990 the ARD pop night . Since Nachtrock and Popnacht did not close the entire night gap at that time, NDR 2 also temporarily took over the programming of SWF3 (with the programs Lollipop and Popfit) from Baden-Baden. On January 1, 1991, NDR 2 dropped out of the ARD night program and from then on designed its own 24-hour program with the broadcast "NDR-2-Nacht" during the night. Between 2011 and 2018 the NDR-2-Nacht was also broadcast on WDR 2 . Since January 17, 2018, NDR 2 has been taking over ARD Popnacht again as part of a restructuring of the night programs, now daily from Südwestrundfunk , produced by SWR3 .
Programs in the daily program
As an entertainment and service wave, NDR 2 has always tried to address a broad audience with its programs. Up until the beginning of the 1990s - in addition to international pop music - German hits could also be heard in the daily program. The cornerstone of the information in addition to the hourly news with the subsequent "NDR traffic studio" were the courier broadcasts in the morning (early courier), at noon (midday courier) and in the evening (evening courier), which were characterized by a high proportion of words. The entertainment programs during the week included “NDR2 in the morning”, the “Radioboulevard” in the early afternoon and “Espresso” in the late afternoon. The “record box” also ran at noon. The evening program was aimed at a younger audience; Rock music was played here that was not heard in the daily program. The programs “Der Club” and “Club Extra” should be mentioned here. The end of the weekly daily program was the program “Traumhaft” with light pop music. On Saturday afternoons on weekends, “Spielzeit” ran, followed by “Sport aktuell - Reports from the Bundesliga”, where the ARD conference was also broadcast. Programs on Saturday evening were the “Internationale Hitparade” (later: “Club Hitparade”) and “Traumhaft - Oldies zum Danzen”. In the summer there were also live broadcasts of the “Saturday Night Disco”. “ Between Hamburg and Haiti ” could be heard on Sunday morning on NDR 2, at noon “Oldies as desired” ran, in the 1980s the “Schlagerparade” or the “Knockers of the North”, a chart show, in the afternoon. In the mid-1990s, the afternoon was restructured; The daily comedy show "Kwatsch" with Uwe Bahn , Ulf Ansorge and Carlo von Tiedemann ran between 1pm and 2pm . The program "Traumhaft" was renamed "Club nach ten". The "World Chart Show" was broadcast on Sunday evenings. In 1997 almost all formats were standardized and from then on there were no more special programs, comedy shows or hit parades, but a mix of international and national pop music around the clock. From 1998 the presenters operated the broadcast connections on a weekly basis - previously, different presenters had been in the studio every day, except for the morning broadcast.
NDR 2 broadcasts 24 hours a day. The daily program is divided into morning, morning, afternoon and evening. The program schedule also includes special music programs from 9 p.m. to midnight. News programs (“couriers”) run around nine minutes each day at noon and Monday to Friday also at 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. At the weekend, the Bundesliga show (Saturdays 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.) with Uwe Bahn , Martin Roschitz or Moritz Cassalette stands out from the rest of the program. NDR 2 is moderated live around the clock every day. However, there are three exceptions: on weekdays between 5:05 and 6:00 am, part of the morning broadcast is pre-produced, and the "Celebrity Hitmix" is not broadcast live on the 1st Monday of the month.
In contrast to the early days of NDR 2, nowadays people almost exclusively rely on moderators who previously moderated for commercial broadcasters (e.g. R.SH , Radio Hamburg , radio ffn and Antenne Bayern ). Most of the moderators stay on the NDR 2 program for a maximum of ten years, as they work as freelancers in the NDR and they are only employed for a maximum of 15 years in the NDR.
Well-known NDR-2 presenters of the past were Lutz Ackermann , Jan Malte Andresen , Gabi Bauer , Sabine Christiansen , Wilken F. Dincklage , Günter Fink , Wolfgang Hahn , Ulli Harraß , Eva Herman , Monika Jetter , Reinhold Kujawa , Brigitte Rohkohl , Wolf- Dieter Stubel , Gert Timmermann , Carlo von Tiedemann .
Today's voices at a glance:
- Elke Wiswedel and Jens Mahrhold
- present "The NDR 2 Morning with Elke and Jens" (Mon – Fri 5–10 am)
- alternately moderate the "NDR 2 morning with Holger or Hinnerk" (Mon – Fri 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Sascha Sommer and Jessica Müller
- present "The NDR 2 Afternoon with Jessica and Sascha" (Mon – Fri 2–6 p.m.)
- Dirk Böge, Maren Sieber , Stefan Frech , Christopher Scheffelmeier , Marek Nowacki , Henrik Hanses, Christian Kusel, Tina Padberg and Kathrin Hammer
- alternately moderate the “NDR-2-Promi Hit Mix” (every 1st Monday of the month 6–7pm), the “NDR-2-Evening” (Mon – Fri 6–9pm) and the “NDR-2- Music Specials ”(daily 9 pm– midnight), as well as on weekends.
- moderates the "Peter Urban Show" (Thursday 9 pm– midnight)
- Uwe Bahn , Martin Roschitz and rarely Moritz Cassalette
- alternately moderate the "NDR-2 Bundesliga show" (Sa 3–6pm) and the “NDR-2 Sunday” (Sun 3–8pm)
- Reinhold Beckmann moderates the music talk show "Life Sounds" at irregular intervals on Monday evenings from 7.10 p.m.
- Petra Sander , Kathrin Schlaß, Anouk Schollähn and André Schünke
- are the main speakers for the original sound news (every full hour between 6 a.m. and midnight, as well as Mo – Fr at 5:30 a.m., 6:30 a.m., 7:30 a.m., 8:30 a.m., 3:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m.) and of the NDR-2 courier (daily at 12 noon, Mon-Fri also at 5 pm and 7 pm); From 8 p.m. to 5 a.m., the central news of the NDR radio broadcasts are broadcast without any quotes.
In addition to current pop titles, NDR 2 also plays hits from the past 30 years, which are occasionally interspersed. The station's music claim is: "NDR2, exactly my music". In the evening "Soundcheck" music programs, the following topics are devoted to: Live recordings, the German music scene, newly released music, party and easy sounds.
A well-known series from the 1990s is News from Stenkelfeld . From 1998 to 2005 Elmar Brandt's “Gerdshow” ran on NDR 2. After that, Anne Onken's comedy “Power Sister Angela” was broadcast. From 2003 to 2009, Münte was currently run by Harald Wehmeier. From 2008 to 2013, Breakfast at Stefanie was broadcast. The program was discontinued because the author and speaker Harald Wehmeier left the NDR as a permanent editor, and from September 6, 2013, Udo Martens - this is how I see it - has been broadcast on Fridays until August 1, 2014 . The radio comedy Wir sind die Freeses by Andreas Altenburg has been broadcast since September 8, 2014 . As its animation spin-off , Freese 1 has been running to everyone once a week since summer 2015 .
The transmission area includes Lower Saxony , Hamburg , Schleswig-Holstein and Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania . In the transmission area and in the adjacent areas, the station can be received via VHF and the cable network . On June 1, 2011, the NDR stopped broadcasting via DAB , as the station has been receivable via DAB + since November 22, 2011 .
Use of the radio data system
Since the beginning of June 2010, NDR 2 has been using the dynamic RDS-PS via the RDS service and thus transmits the song played and the associated artist.
NDR 2 Plus
A slightly modified version of NDR 2 could be received from May 2008 to the end of August 2010 under the name NDR 2 Plus on digital radio DAB . In contrast to the normal program, NDR 2 Plus was the only NDR broadcaster to broadcast ARD Popnacht . From September 2010, NDR initially broadcast its main program NDR 2 again on digital radio, but then ended broadcasting completely on June 1, 2011.
From 2001 to June 30, 2013, station voice from NDR 2 was Marc Bator , who regularly read the news of the Tagesschau until the end of April 2013 . Marc Bator's successor is Markus Kästle , who also acts as a moderator at Antenne Bayern .
- Description of NDR 2 in the ABC of ARD ( Memento from October 15, 2013 in the Internet Archive )
- Chronicle of the ARD: NDR 2 with radio advertising. Accessed on July 4, 2014
- Chronicle of ARD: NDR 2 with its own night program. Accessed on July 4, 2014
- NDR press release
- NDR2: Countdown for the Steffi final on Friday! Retrieved June 13, 2013
- Udo Martens - this is how I see it.Retrieved September 7, 2014.
- NDR 2: Wir sind die Freeses.Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- DAB restart also in Northern Germany and Baden-Württemberg
- UKWTV.de DAB + - Hamburg station table
- UKWTV.de DAB + - Lower Saxony station table
- UKWTV.de DAB + - station table Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- UKWTV.de DAB + - station table Schleswig-Holstein
- http://www.ndr.de/unternehmen/technik/frequenzen/frequenzen113.html ( Memento from June 12, 2011 in the Internet Archive )