Manfred Spieker studied political science , philosophy and history in Freiburg im Breisgau , Berlin and Munich , where he received his doctorate as an academic student of political scientist Hans Maier . From 1972 to 1982 he was a research assistant at the Research Institute for Political Science and European Issues at the University of Cologne . In 1982 he completed his habilitation in political science at the Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences at the University of Cologne. In 1983 he was appointed professor for Christian social sciences at the Institute for Catholic Theology at the University of Osnabrück.
Since 1985 he has been - together with Hans Maier , Heinrich Oberreuter and Otto B. Roegele († 2005) - editor of the political and communication science publications of the Görres Society (32 volumes until 2014). Spieker was the founder and leader of the Osnabrück peace talks (1984–1992). From 1995 to 2001 he was also an observer of the Holy See in the Steering Committee for Social Policy of the Council of Europe and at conferences of the Social Ministers of the Council of Europe. In 2002 he was a co-founder of the Joseph Höffner Society . From 2002 to 2007 he was President of the Association Internationale pour l'Enseignement Social Chrétien (AIESC). In 2012 he was appointed by Pope Benedict XVI. Appointed Consultor of the Pontifical Council Justitia et Pax . He is a member of the scientific advisory board of the German Institute for Youth and Society . He also writes in the magazine Die Neue Order .
He was a member of the CDU for 43 years. After the decision of the Bundestag on marriage for all , he resigned from the CDU in July 2017. In his justification, he called same-sex relationships generation blind and hostile to life.
Spieker is a supporter and speaker of the demo for everyone .
Spieker, who lives in Georgsmarienhütte , is married and has six children.
honors and awards
- Neo-Marxism and Christianity: On the Problem of Dialogue . Ferdinand Schöningh , Paderborn 1974, ISBN 3-506-70207-6
- Basic values and image of man . Adamas-Verlag, Cologne 1979, ISBN 3-920007-54-9
- Democracy knows no niches: Christian positions in politics . Bachem, Cologne 1994, ISBN 3-7616-1228-1
- Church and Abortion in Germany. Causes and course of a conflict . 2nd ext. Ed., Ferdinand Schöningh, Paderborn 2008, ISBN 3-506-78622-9
- The Denied Rule of Law: Notes on the Culture of Death in Europe . 2nd ext. Ed., Ferdinand Schöningh, Paderborn 2011, ISBN 3-506-72949-7
- with Christian Hillgruber , Klaus Ferdinand Gärditz : The dignity of the embryo. Ethical and legal problems of pre-implantation diagnostics and embryonic stem cell research . Ferdinand Schöning, Paderborn 2012, ISBN 978-3-506-77649-5
- with Lothar Roos , Werner Münch : Benedikt XVI. and the world relationship of the church . Ferdinand Schöningh, Paderborn 2015, ISBN 3-506-78243-6
- Gender mainstreaming in Germany . Ferdinand Schöningh, Paderborn 2015, ISBN 978-3-506-78396-7
- Literature by and about Manfred Spieker in the catalog of the German National Library
- Internet presence
- PONTIFICIO CONSIGLIO DELLA GIUSTIZIA E DELLA PACE .
- http://www.dijg.de/ueber-uns/wissenschaftlicher-beirat-des-dijg/ .
- Mark Otten: Manfred Spieker criticizes Angela Merkel: Because of "marriage for everyone": Osnabrück professor resigns from the CDU. In: noz.de. July 5, 2017. Retrieved July 5, 2017 .
- Who we are. In: demofueralle.wordpress.com. May 23, 2017. Retrieved July 5, 2017 .
- Austria honors German Catholic social ethicist Spieker , December 11, 2009.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German social scientist and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 4, 1943|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Munich , Germany|