Martin Reichardt (politician)
Martin Reichardt (born July 30, 1969 in Goslar ) is a German politician ( alternative for Germany , formerly SPD , Republicans and FDP ) and a member of the German Bundestag . He is chairman of the state association AfD Saxony-Anhalt . He is considered an "important supporter" of the inner-party right-wing extremist group Der Flügel .
Profession and private life
Martin Reichardt grew up in Goslar in a family that was influenced by social democracy. His father is still a member of the SPD today.
From 1989 he was a temporary soldier in the German Armed Forces for twelve years , where he was trained as an officer candidate from 1989 to 1992 , studied education at the Helmut Schmidt University of the German Armed Forces in Hamburg from 1992 to 1996 and worked as an officer from 1996 to 2001 . He then completed further training in business administration and, in 2002, switched to a company in Saxony-Anhalt that secures track construction work . He worked there until 2017.
Reichardt initially belonged to the SPD or the Jusos . He later joined the Republicans , which he was a member of for two years. Then he switched to the FDP and got involved in local politics. He has been a member of the AfD since 2015 .
In March 2017, Reichardt was elected the top candidate (first place in the state list ) of the AfD Saxony-Anhalt for the 2017 federal election. He prevailed as the preferred candidate of AfD state chairman André Poggenburg with 142 votes against two competitors who received a total of 121 votes. Since his election to the 19th Bundestag, he has been a member and chairman of the Committee on Family, Seniors, Women and Youth and a member of the Committee on Education, Research and Technology Assessment.
After research by Zeit Online , Reichardt and 18 other members of his parliamentary group hired employees from the right-wing extremist milieu: his colleague Christa A. had reported on security policy for Compact . At the Leipzig Book Fair 2018, for example, Compact editor-in-chief Jürgen Elsässer named it as the task of his magazine to deepen the division in society in order to "contribute to the overthrow of the regime".
After André Poggenburg resigned from his offices in March 2018 due to his Ash Wednesday speech, which was insulting to Turkish fellow citizens, under pressure from the state party, Reichardt was elected state chairman of the AfD Saxony-Anhalt on June 9, 2018. He was elected with 254 votes in favor, 43 against and 13 abstentions. After the election he declared that he wanted to turn the AfD into a “social and patriotic people's party”. The party should take responsibility and open up to government participation.
Like his predecessor Poggenburg, Reichardt belongs to the right-wing national group Der Flügel within the AfD.
- The Regional Officer of the State of Saxony-Anhalt: Election to the 19th Bundestag in Saxony-Anhalt on September 24, 2017 - applicants. (PDF) Retrieved August 13, 2017 .
- AfD: Martin Reichardt is the new head of state in Saxony-Anhalt . In: ZEIT ONLINE . ( zeit.de [accessed on June 9, 2018]).
- Jan Schumann: "Wing" under observation: Now the AfD youngsters are also under pressure. March 12, 2020, accessed March 13, 2020 .
- Reiner Silberstein: AfD wing man Martin Reichardt comes to Wesendorf. February 3, 2020, accessed on March 13, 2020 (German).
- "The Protection of the Constitution is much too late". Retrieved March 13, 2020 .
- Maria Fiedler: Why the election results benefit the radical “wing”. In: www.euractiv.de. September 2, 2019, accessed on March 13, 2020 (German).
- Antonie Rietzschel, Katja Riedel, Oliver Das Gupta: AfD MPs in the Bundestag - an overview. Retrieved March 13, 2020 .
- portrait: Martin Reichardt, AfD, the ex-professional soldier wants to go to Berlin ( Memento from August 13, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) ( Mitteldeutscher Rundfunk ), August 6, 2017
- Saxony-Anhalt: AfD top candidate supports Björn Höcke , volksstimme.de , March 26, 2017
- Bundestag elections: Landes-AfD selects top candidates , volksstimme.de , April 6, 2017
- Kai Biermann , Astrid Geisler , Johannes Radke, Tilman Steffen: AfD MPs deal with right-wing extremists and constitutional enemies . In: time online . March 21, 2018.
- party congress in Magdeburg: Reichardt is the new AfD country chief. In: MDR.de . June 9, 2018, archived from the original on June 12, 2018 ; accessed on November 25, 2019 .
- Martin Reichardt is the new head of the state in Saxony-Anhalt , Zeit, June 9, 2018.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (AfD)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 30, 1969|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Goslar|