Rüdiger Lucassen (born August 19, 1951 in Dollerupholz ) is a German politician ( AfD ), Colonel a. D. of the Bundeswehr , member of the German Bundestag since 2017 and the chairman of the AfD North Rhine-Westphalia since October 2019 .
After graduating from high school in 1973, Lucassen joined the German Armed Forces as an officer candidate. During his service, he studied economics at the University of the Federal Armed Forces in Hamburg. After completing his studies, Lucassen was trained as a helicopter pilot for the Army Aviation Troop on the Bölkow Bo 105 . In other uses, he served as squadron - commander of the Army Aviation Regiment 35 in Mendig and the attack helicopter regiment 36 in Fritzlar , as department head of the Army Office as well as a speaker in NATO and in the Ministry of Defense used. In 2006, the then General Staff officer left the Bundeswehr at his own request after 34 years of service. His last rank was a colonel in the general staff .
After the end of his military career, Lucassen founded his own company. He was the managing director of pro-ades GmbH, which offered training and procurement services for military and police organizations.
Lucassen is married and has two children.
Politics and positions
Lucassen joined the AfD in 2016 and is deputy chairman of the Euskirchen district association. For the 2017 federal election , he stood for the AfD in the federal constituency of Euskirchen - Rhein-Erft-Kreis II and was elected to the 19th German Bundestag via position 7 on the state list of the AfD North Rhine-Westphalia . Lucassen is the defense policy spokesman for his parliamentary group and chairman in the defense committee of the German Bundestag . Since October 5, 2019, he has been the sole chairman of the North Rhine-Westphalian state association of the AfD after the previous board of the equal co-speakers Thomas Röckemann and Helmut Seifen had fallen out.
Lucassen sees national and alliance defense as the first task of the Bundeswehr. He classifies assignments abroad as subordinate and always demands a clear exit strategy for them, as well as the definition of national interests. He campaigns for the Bundeswehr to grow and, as part of this, demanded a staff of 240,000 soldiers. Lucassen repeatedly pleads for compliance with the 2014 Wales Agreement (2% NATO target). In addition, he has been advocating the reintroduction of conscription since the beginning of his mandate. Rüdiger Lucassen is a member of the committee of inquiry into the consultant affair .
He is also committed to cross-border cooperation with the Belgian party Vlaams Belang .
In the election campaign leading up to the 2017 federal elections, he described politicians like Martin Schulz as a “shame for Germany” and Angela Merkel as a “danger to Germany”. He sees Brexit as a sensible consequence, because a "harmonized Europe" does not work. For the swearing-in of Defense Minister Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer on July 24, 2019, he accused the Federal Government of breaching the constitution because it did not enable the Bundeswehr to defend the country according to Article 87a of the Basic Law.
The Defense Working Group of the AfD parliamentary group, headed by Lucassen, published the concept “Armed Forces Bundeswehr” in June 2019, in which u. a. Positions on the mission, training and self-image of the German military are recorded. This led to a partly public dispute between former officers about the terms used in the conception and the support of the AfD in the Bundeswehr.
- Official website of Rüdiger Lucassen
- Rüdiger Lucassen on bundestag.de
- Rüdiger Lucassen in a personal interview on the so-called consultant affair in summer 2019
- German Bundestag biographies. Retrieved September 13, 2018 .
- About me - Rüdiger Lucassen, Member of the Bundestag Official homepage of Rüdiger Lucassen, Member of the Bundestag . In: Rüdiger Lucassen, Member of the Bundestag . ( Online [accessed September 16, 2018]).
- chocolates from “Vlaams Belang”. In: bnr.de (look to the right). July 16, 2018, accessed September 16, 2018 .
- Ex-Bundeswehroberst becomes AfD regional chief , Zeit online, October 5, 2019.
- Bundestag debate May 16, 2018 - Rüdiger Lucassen. AfD Bayern TV, May 16, 2018, accessed on September 16, 2018 .
- Security Policy. Rüdiger Lucassen, accessed on September 16, 2018 .
- 6th speech - March 21, 2018 - Federal Armed Forces deployment in Mali (MINUSMA). In: YouTube. May 30, 2018, accessed September 16, 2018 .
- German perspective on the NATO summit. In: tagesschau.de. Retrieved September 16, 2018 .
- The professional soldier: Rüdiger Lucassen. In: The Parliament. Retrieved September 16, 2018 .
- German Bundestag - Subcommittee of the Defense Committee as the 1st investigative committee ... Accessed October 26, 2019 .
- Inaugurated constituency office in Euskirchen. AfD District Euskirchen, accessed on September 16, 2018 .
- Michael Schwarz: Renner in Euskirchen: AfD co-founder insults established parties as "clique". In: Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger. Retrieved September 16, 2018 .
- Ramona Hammes and Franz Küpper: Protests: Around 140 supporters and opponents at the AfD event in Kall . In: Kölnische Rundschau . ( Online [accessed September 16, 2018]).
- Alexander Weinlein: German Bundestag - Kramp-Karrenbauer calls for a significant increase in the defense ... Accessed November 17, 2019 .
- Bundeswehr armed force. (PDF) Retrieved November 17, 2019 .
- Bundeswehr officers criticize AfD. In: tagesschau.de. Retrieved November 17, 2019 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (AfD), Member of the Bundestag|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 19, 1951|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Dollerupholz|