Leif-Erik Holm (born August 1, 1970 in Schwerin ) is a German politician ( AfD ) and has been deputy chairman of the AfD parliamentary group since 2017 . He has been one of the co-state spokespersons for the AfD Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania since 2013, with one interruption in 2014, and was the leader of the opposition in the Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania state parliament from September 2016 to October 2017 . Holm, the economist who studied, worked as a radio host.
Leif-Erik Holm comes from Klein Trebbow . His father was an electrical teacher and his mother a pediatric nurse . After attending the Polytechnic High School in Lübstorf , he completed an apprenticeship as an electrician at the Bau- und Montagekombinat (BMK) Industrie- und Hafenbau Stralsund and worked as such. He then did basic military service in the National People's Army . He put the diploma at the Technische Hochschule Wismar and studied economics at the Humboldt University of Berlin . He graduated with a Master of Science in Economics .
Already in his student days he worked as a radio presenter and disc jockey. Holm began his career as a presenter at Radio MV and Norddeutscher Rundfunk . From 1993 he moderated at Antenne MV . He then went to Hit Radio FFH in Frankfurt am Main (1999–2006) and again as a freelancer for Antenne MV (2006–2013).
Holm is married and has three children.
Leif-Erik Holm joined the Alternative for Germany party in spring 2013 and was elected chairman of the Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania regional association less than a year later . He was his party's top candidate for Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania in the 2013 federal election , in which the party in the state received 48,885 votes and thus 5.6 percent of the second vote. He then worked in the Berlin office of AfD MEP Beatrix von Storch as an office manager.
After he temporarily resigned from the state board at the beginning of 2014, Holm was re-elected to head the state association together with Matthias Manthei in November 2014 . For the state elections in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania in 2016 , he stood as the top candidate of the AfD and was elected to the state parliament of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania via the state list . He ran unsuccessfully as a direct candidate in the state electoral district of Northwest Mecklenburg II . Five objections were submitted to the regional returning officer against Holm's election, with Holm being accused of not having moved his main residence to Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania at least three months before the election as required. The Ostsee-Zeitung reported in November 2017 that after a hearing with the registration authority of the Lützow-Lübstorf office, the Ministry of the Interior came to the conclusion that Holm had "his sole apartment in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania during the period relevant for the state elections" -Vorpommerns then unanimously rejected the election objections in this context.
At the end of December 2016, Holm stated in an NDR radio interview that he did not want to run for the Bundestag. “The citizens did not vote us in here to flee the flag again after a year”. In January 2017, he said he wanted to run for the Bundestag after all.
On February 25, 2017, Holm was elected to number 1 of the AfD Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania for the 2017 federal election at a state party conference of the AfD in Sparow . Leif-Erik Holm achieved 19.2 percent of the first votes in the Bundestag constituency of Vorpommern-Rügen - Vorpommern-Greifswald I ; The winner of the constituency was Angela Merkel (CDU) with 44.0 percent of the first votes. Holm moved into the Bundestag via the state list of the AfD, which received 18.6 percent of the second votes in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania . On October 5, 2017, he was elected as one of five deputy chairmen of the AfD parliamentary group.
In the 19th German Bundestag, Holm is a full member of the Committee for Economic Affairs and Energy, as well as the Committee for Transport and Digital Infrastructure.
Until the end of November 2017, Holm was still a member of the state parliament of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania and thus held a double mandate for one month . He wanted to wait for the exploratory talks of the parties forming the government before giving up his state parliament mandate.
To cope with his mandate tasks and support his parliamentary work, Holm hired Henning Hoffgaard as office manager after research by Zeit Online , previously parliamentary group spokesman for the AfD Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania and editor of the weekly newspaper Junge Freiheit .
- Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania: The nice Leif-Erik from the AfD. In: zeit.de . September 1, 2016, accessed September 3, 2016 .
- How the AfD wants to become the strongest force in Schwerin in Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung from August 15, 2016.
- Employee at Antenne MV ( Memento from December 7, 1998 in the Internet Archive )
- Armin Fuhrer: AfD top man Leif-Erik Holm: The fairy tale of the self-proclaimed victim from the northeast. kressNews, accessed on September 15, 2016 .
- How Mr. Holm wants to make new politics , Nordkurier from September 16, 2013.
- www.bundeswahlleiter.de Bundestag election 2013, accessed on February 27, 2017
- “Where do Leif-Erik Holm's neighbors live?”, Faz.net, September 29, 2016, accessed on February 27, 2017
- AfD party congress: "Why don't you have any children?" In: ndr.de. Retrieved June 21, 2016 .
- Special supplement: Wahl-Magazin in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. in the Schweriner Volkszeitung .
- Election to the state parliament of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania on September 4, 2016 (preliminary result): Elected constituency applicants (first votes)
- Our top candidate - constituency 28 - Nordwestmecklenburg II - Leif-Erik Holm ( Memento from September 15, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) on afd-mv.de, accessed on September 9, 2016
- "Did the AfD boss violate state electoral law?", Svz.de, September 29, 2016, accessed on February 27, 2017
- Ostsee-Zeitung, “The frugal Mr. Holm - the AfD politician used hardly any electricity in his apartment before the state elections. Doubts about his eligibility remain. ", November 23, 2017, accessed on November 25, 2017 .
- Plenary Minutes 7/31. In: landtag-mv.de. March 14, 2018, accessed February 13, 2020 .
- "AfD boss Holm is drawn into federal politics", ndr.de, January 11, 2017, accessed on February 27, 2017
- "Leif-Erik Holm:" Merkel aus MV vertritten "", svz.de, January 11, 2017, accessed on February 27, 2017
- www.bundeswahlleiter.de, accessed on October 1, 2017
- www.bundeswahlleiter.de, accessed on October 1, 2017
- Simon Voigt: Leif-Erik Holm new vice-chairman of the AfD parliamentary group. Nordkurier , October 5, 2017, accessed November 28, 2017 .
- German Bundestag - Biographies. Retrieved July 7, 2020 .
- AfD: Holm and Komning remain in the state parliament for the time being. In: Norddeutscher Rundfunk. Retrieved October 20, 2017 .
- Iris Leithold: AfD politician: Holm and Komning resign from their state parliament mandates. Schweriner Volkszeitung , November 27, 2017, accessed on November 28, 2017 .
- Kai Biermann , Astrid Geisler , Johannes Radke, Tilman Steffen: AfD MPs deal with right-wing extremists and constitutional enemies . In: time online . March 21, 2018.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German radio presenter and politician (AfD)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 1, 1970|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Schwerin , GDR|