Marvin Compper (2009)
|birthday||June 14, 1985|
|place of birth||Tubingen , Germany|
|SV 03 Tübingen|
|Years||station||Games (goals) 1|
|2003-2008||Borussia Mönchengladbach II||50 (5)|
|2005-2008||Borussia Monchengladbach||31 (0)|
|2008-2013||TSG 1899 Hoffenheim||157 (6)|
|2013-2014||AC Florence||17 (0)|
|2014-2017||RB Leipzig||77 (5)|
|2018-2019||Celtic Glasgow||0 (0)|
|2019-2020||MSV Duisburg||18 (1)|
|2005||Germany U20||3 (0)|
|Stations as a trainer|
|2020–||MSV Duisburg (assistant trainer)|
1 Only league games are given.
Status: end of career
During the winter break of the 2002/03 season, the defender moved from VfB Stuttgart's youth team to Borussia Mönchengladbach's amateur team . There he got a professional contract in 2005 . Due to the injury-related failures of defenders Marcell Jansen and Filip Daems , he came regularly to appearances in the Bundesliga from autumn 2006 . In the first half of the 2007/08 season , in which Borussia played in the 2nd Bundesliga , Compper only played three games.
For the second half of the season he moved to TSG 1899 Hoffenheim . Compper became a regular player and completed all 17 second round games by the end of the season. In their first season in the Bundesliga, TSG were autumn champions and ended the season in seventh place in the table. Compper finished the following seasons with Hoffenheim three times in a row in eleventh place in the table.
At the end of January 2013, Compper was deleted from the squad and transferred to the second team. The reason for this were statements by Comppers, "that he could not identify with the difficult task [...] in Hoffenheim and could no longer motivate him to fight for relegation".
Three days after his transfer, Compper moved to the Italian first division club Fiorentina . He signed a contract until the end of June 2016. On March 3, 2013 Compper made his debut for Fiorentina in a 2-1 win over Chievo Verona .
In the summer break of 2014, Compper moved to the then German second division club RB Leipzig, who had played in the Bundesliga since the 2016/17 season. His contract in Leipzig originally ran until 2019.
In January 2018 Compper moved to Scotland to join Celtic Glasgow . Shortly after his engagement, he suffered a calf injury at the training camp in Dubai and was initially without action. The central defender made his debut for Celtic in the quarter-finals of the Scottish Cup against second division club Greenock Morton in March 2018 when he was in the starting line-up in the 3-0 win, it was his only appearance, partly due to injury.
The central defender returned to Germany for the 2019/20 third division season and signed a contract with relegated MSV Duisburg that was valid until June 2021 . He was a regular player in central defense, but also missed several games due to injuries and played 25 times for the club. With the MSV Compper missed the direct promotion and ended his active career after the season.
Marvin Compper took part in the Junior World Championship 2005 of the U20 national team in the Netherlands and came on June 18 in the 0-1 defeat against Argentina, the 3-2 win over the selection of China and the 1-2 defeat against the selection of Brazil.
He played his only international match for the senior national team on November 19, 2008 in Berlin in a 2-1 defeat in a friendly against England . With 77 minutes of play until he was substituted, he was the first German national team player for TSG Hoffenheim.
Following the end of his active career, Compper stayed with the zebras and was integrated into the staff of head coach Torsten Lieberknecht as an assistant in summer 2020 .
- TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
- Promotion to the Bundesliga: 2008
- RB Leipzig
- Celtic Glasgow
- Marvin Compper in the database of weltfussball.de
- Marvin Compper in the database of fussballdaten.de
- Achtzehn99.de: Marvin Compper from now on in the U23 , January 22, 2013, accessed on January 22, 2013
- it.violachannel.tv: Compper e Wolski in viola. La firma e il primo alleamento. , January 25, 2013, accessed January 25, 2013
- Next addition! Marvin Compper is now defending for RBL! dierotenbullen.com, accessed August 4, 2014
- RB Leipzig extends the expiring contract of Compper transfermarkt.de, accessed on May 24, 2017
- Chris McLaughlin: Celtic: Marvin Compper moves to Scottish champions in search of prices. BBC Sport, December 20, 2017, accessed March 4, 2018 .
- Kheredine Idessane: Celtic signing Marvin Compper sidelined for up to month by injury. BBC Sport, January 17, 2018, accessed March 4, 2018 .
- John Barnes: Celtic 3-0 (0-0) Greenock Morton. BBC Sport, March 3, 2018, accessed March 4, 2018 .
- Compper two years in zebra crossing , msv-duisburg.de, accessed on July 2, 2019
- "Active step": Marvin Compper will be assistant trainer at MSV Duisburg , msv-duisburg.de, accessed on August 1, 2020
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German soccer player|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 14, 1985|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Tubingen , Germany|