Family, education and work
Güldner studied Political Science , History and Romance Studies at the University of Heidelberg and graduated with a Magister Artium - MA. He received his doctorate in political science from the University of Bremen . After that he was a research assistant at the Institute for Tropical Hygiene and Public Health at Heidelberg University. He was parliamentary advisor to the Bündnis 90 / Die Grünen parliamentary group in the state parliament of Baden-Württemberg . He later worked as a consultant at the British children's charity Save the Children in London.
Güldner finally became head of the department for migration and integration of foreigners at the Bremen Senator for Culture and Foreign Integration and later at the Senator for Women, Health, Youth, Social Affairs and Environmental Protection.
He lives in Bremen- Findorff and has five children.
Güldner was district board spokesman for Bündnis 90 / Die Grünen as well as spokesman for the Green Alternative University List (GAUL) in Heidelberg and was temporarily a member of the Diet Commission of the Bremen Greens .
On June 28, 1999 he became a member of the Bremen citizenship. From 2007 to July 2015 he was chairman of the Greens group; Maike Schaefer succeeded him in this position. He is represented in the parliamentary control commission , in the temporary committee for the amendment of the state constitution and in the constitution and rules of procedure committee.
- Güldner is a member of the advisory board of the Evangelical Education Center in Bremen
- Member of the working committee of the North-South Forum Bremen.
- Member of the supervisory board of Bremen Weserstadion GmbH.
He did not run again for the Bremen state election in 2019 .
To internet blocking
In July 2009, Güldner summarized his position in a guest commentary in the newspaper Die Welt . He stated that the dispute over the Internet bans would not revolve at its core around the fight against child pornography. From his point of view, it is rather "tough to define power in times of the virtualization of the world". In his opinion, the supporters of this virtualization fought “with highly effective means for the legal freedom of their space”. From Güldner's point of view, anyone who wants to interfere in their illusory world will be “bitten off with mass petitions at the click of a mouse”. Güldner described the arguments of the opponents of the legislative resolution as a “trend” and saw no potential for illegal misuse of the technical prerequisites it created. From Güldner's point of view, the “ignorant argument” against web blockades cannot be explained. Güldner accused opponents of the Internet blocks, who questioned their effectiveness and mentioned the possibility of circumvention, of having “probably tweeted out their brains”. Otherwise other legal regulations that could be circumvented could also be abolished. Güldner also stated:
Some members of Güldner's regional association reacted to these statements by leaving the party. The federal executive of the Greens distanced itself in a statement from Güldner's statements. He found that Güldner's contribution not only contradicted the green program situation, but also adopted a tone that was not acceptable from the perspective of the Greens to those who were committed to a free Internet. The federal board of the Green Youth criticized in an open letter to Güldner under the heading "The ignorance of Matthias Güldner", Güldner's "unrealistic polemics" was "defamatory" and "ignorant".
In the Bremerhaven social fraud affair involving the SPD politicians Selim and Patrick Öztürk, Güldner's wife, who was also an active member of the Greens, was suspected of stealing data.
- Website of the Bremen citizenship: parliamentary group Bündnis 90 / Die Grünen. Retrieved November 18, 2010.
- Matthias Güldner is no longer running for citizenship - buten un within. Retrieved June 13, 2019 .
- See the law to combat child pornography in communication networks .
- Matthias Güldner: To unbearable ease of the Internet - rules apply everywhere , July 27th 2009, online at welt.de .
- Greener on network blocking criticism: "Hirn gewittert" , July 27, 2009, under chip.de ( Memento from July 28, 2009 in the Internet Archive )
- Family Minister "absolutely" wants to promote web blocking , July 27, 2009, at heise.de .
- The network is not free of civil rights - statement of the Federal Board of the Greens on the contribution of the Bremen MP Matthias Güldner , July 27, 2009, online at gruene.de
- Timo Hoffmann: Group leader insults web activists - Greens appease angry bloggers , July 28, 2009, at taz.de
- Max Löffler: "The Ignorance of Matthias Güldner" , July 27, 2009, under "The Ignorance of Matthias Güldner" ( Memento from February 11, 2013 in the web archive archive.today )
- Radio Bremen, buten un binnen, Öztürk data copied: wife of politician Güldner under pressure, August 28, 2018, https://www.butenunbinnen.de/nachrichten/politik/daten-oeztuerk-erklaerung-100.html
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (Bündnis 90 / Die Grünen), Member of the Bundestag|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 31, 1960|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Mannheim|